Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of exam board, has anyone done this yet? If so what were u asked, just wondering as ive got it 2morrow (ccea)

ReputationRep:
    The questions are different depending on the exam board as each board has their exams on different days and dates. I'm not doing CCEA French, so I can't help directly, but I suggest you visit the CCEA website and have a look at some specimen papers to get an idea of the type of questions you're likely to be asked. In addition to this, I do 4 pieces of written coursework to replace the writing componant (25%), so I'm not sure of the topics you might be asked. You might look in your revision guide, the internet, specification or ask your teacher (the most reliable source) or friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauncouldstone)
    The questions are different depending on the exam board as each board has their exams on different days and dates. I'm not doing CCEA French, so I can't help directly, but I suggest you visit the CCEA website and have a look at some specimen papers to get an idea of the type of questions you're likely to be asked. In addition to this, I do 4 pieces of written coursework to replace the writing componant (25%), so I'm not sure of the topics you might be asked. You might look in your revision guide, the internet, specification or ask your teacher (the most reliable source) or friends.
    merci pour votre réponse, j'espère que l'examen d'écriture disparaît bon demain, mais j'ai appris beaucoup d'expressions extrêmement difficiles d'inclure des idiomatiques de par coeur, ainsi je devrais aller bien. Comment les examens de u vont-ils à l'heure actuelle?

ReputationRep:
    Est-ce qu'indépendamment du panneau d'examen, n'importe qui a fait ceci encore? Si ainsi ce qui étaient u demandé, juste se demandant comme l'ive l'a obtenu demain (ccea)

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i can get an a and an A* if i nail the writing yet i can't understand 1/2 of the stuff you've written! you're guartanteed an a*! are you half french or sumfin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king8585)
    i reckon i can get an a and an A* if i nail the writing yet i can't understand 1/2 of the stuff you've written! you're guartanteed an a*! are you half french or sumfin.
    No, but i have been speaking french from the age of about five, cause we usually go to france on holiday (dad has a villa in Nice), so i had to speak french. I hope i get an a*, but my listening exam (ccea) was really hard in fact the teacher said a level students would struggle to get an a* in that test, so i hope i get an a*. Thanks for the support.

ReputationRep:
    If "A-Level students would struggle to get an A*", then either your teachers are lying, or, the grade boundaries will be piss low. You'll get an A*, especially with the vocab you've used there. In fact, if you don't get an A*, I'll eat my beanie. I don't know all that much about the exam board though...

ReputationRep:
    french has got to be the worst subject ever
    i have no idea why i chose it

ReputationRep:
    I've got it tomorrow (CCEA) and I've done crap all to revise for it. What can you revise, apart from conversation answers? I hope the writing section asks about holidays and school, as those are the two sections I'm OK in. If they ask anything about healthy living, I'm screwed.

Did anyone find the Higher listening hard? I found it impossible!

ReputationRep:
    I did Higher Listening with AQA, did "crap all revision" for it (:p:), even though it's hardly a strong point for me (ie. I'm crap), but It went really well, a mon avis. Well, I hope!

ReputationRep:
    im just after doin my french reading and writing exam. It was alot easier than i expected. The reading was quite hard but i think i got around about full marks, hopefully!!!!!! In the writing i used all the tense i learnt: Conditional, Reflective, Past, Perfect, Imperfect, Future, Pluperfect, Subjuctive. Think i did well in that. What did everyone else think that was doing cea french 2day???????

ReputationRep:
    I thought the reading was hard, too. The writing questions could have been worse, but I'm rubbish at french (the tenses and all that) so I doubt I did very well. But I don't give a damn....I never have to worry about French again. WOOOOOT!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by October Project)
    I thought the reading was hard, too. The writing questions could have been worse, but I'm rubbish at french (the tenses and all that) so I doubt I did very well. But I don't give a damn....I never have to worry about French again. WOOOOOT!!!
    what did u say about the athlete from Ethiopa, like what do we learn about his country, how he was prepared, what the 1st paragraph tells us and about the production of the movie??????

ReputationRep:
    I said that we learn from the first paragraph that he has won a lot of medals and is one of the world's best runners.

Then about his country, I said that he had to walk 6kms (I think that was the number) to school each day, that he had to collect water, and he lived on a savanah, which had bad land (I'm pretty sure that one isn't right!)

About the production of the film, I said that the athlete would play himself in it, and other people would play members of his family.

For the last question, about what we'll be told about in the film, I said it'll show what the food is like there, and also what the work is like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by October Project)
    I said that we learn from the first paragraph that he has won a lot of medals and is one of the world's best runners.

Then about his country, I said that he had to walk 6kms (I think that was the number) to school each day, that he had to collect water, and he lived ona savanah, which had bad land (I'm pretty sure that one isn't right!)

About the production of the film, I said that the athlete would play himself in it, and other people would play members of his family.

For the last question, about what wel'll be told about in the film, I said it'll show what the food is like there, and also what the work is like.

i got quite similar answers. For 1st got da same, about his life i got the same 4 da 1st two, but for the other one i said he grazed livestock when he was younger. In the movie production i said he would play himself, but i also said it was filmed in his area. For the last one i said the same thing but also about their work in feilds, etc.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.