Turn on thread page Beta

Beauty, ugliness, shame -- indepth and torn apart--an explanation beyond what's there watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    I read the first sentence before realising that it is probably just some random warblings copied off of a christian website somewhere.
    I read the first sentances of your posts then i start realising its usually some self important arrogant shite, or a narrow minded viewpoint

ReputationRep:
    wow that was unbearably long....and im even a harry potter fan

ReputationRep:
    Puke.

ReputationRep:
    so....... many........ words.........

i dont think somthing beutifull or ugly exists.

beuty is in the eye of the beholder. and it always will be.

ReputationRep:
    It was self-indulgent bulls***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    It was self-indulgent bulls***
    that's fine but basically people who fear are draining their health and their energy. nobody fears becoming beautiful--wanting to be ugly. if u fear being beautiful u arent going to be ugly

if u fear being ugly u arent going to be beautiful. but u will think less clearly, u will lose energy and clarity and a peaceful state of being, which will take away the things u are looking for--one u go back to clarity, u can heal

it's strange for people to understand this bcuz modern society makes any ideas seem crazy--how can u say this? r u blaming me 4 all the wrong **** in my life? no, i'm not blaming u 4 anything...u r blaming u by seeing the wrong, by seeing wut u fear

nobody ever really gets wut they fear it is just fantasy. everything u want is given 2 u, and this has been believe throughout mankind until the forms of religious followings came to power
    nonetheless anything u want is urs as long as it is not selfish. why would the universe care if u have something or not? the only reason it would is if u r intending on using it for harm

when religions make believe wut u want is harm no matter wut 4 (taking things that most people want and making u ashamed of them), people begin losing clarity, and end up turning to hatred bcuz they were taught to hate their innate desires

everyone wants beauty. it is not bias nor more deserving in one person over another. u cannot possibly say beauty is harmful or bad or not probable in some place. when u say beauty cannot exist here, u r lying 2 urself--the part of urself that says anything is possible
    and when u say anything is not possible, or bad things happen b4 good things, u r denying ur inner peace which naturally remains no matter how much fear or hopelessness u have. u will always be able to find something that makes u feel good in having it

ReputationRep:
    Good point Caz, but do ya reckon you could shorten it a bit. Its like stabbing a piece of cheese with a broard sword, when a toothpick would do. More really can be less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Good point Caz, but do ya reckon you could shorten it a bit. Its like stabbing a piece of cheese with a broard sword, when a toothpick would do. More really can be less.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    (a) Why do people feel guilt for thinking something is ugly? (b) Why do people feel guilt for thinking something is beautiful?
    (a) Do they? I don't.
    (b) Do they? I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    I agree
    Thanks curryADD

ReputationRep:
    First and formost, it takes guts to write what Caz wrote especially when it seems to be about themselves, anyone that can give an indepth anaylsis of themselves and post it for general reading and leaving open a door for criticism and ridicule, such as Caz has done, needs applauding, not dragging over the coals for being so open. Beauty lies within, no matter how much or how little we ourselves feel, we are all beautiful, those that judge beauty purely on looks alone I suggest are very shallow, beauty is in all we do and all we say, not just on how we look, even the most beautiful of people to look at, can be ugly on the inside. Is there a way of judging beauty or quality of beauty? I think not, for we all see the world through individual eyes, isnt the beauty in accepting for what we see and making the most of what we have, rather than craving for something we only think is better. If we cant love ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to love us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    (a) Do they? I don't.
    (b) Do they? I don't.
    Not everybody does. Many people do, however. If you do not, you probably believe otherwise, but society does have a way with people...people try not to be shallow, and there is much guilt for this because society has a way of making people believe they should be shallow, as well, so they are.

ReputationRep:
    Well i have to admit i didn't read it as i am busy with this bloomin assignment and read a few parts and have to admit it looked pretty confusing stuff. Partly due to its length.

Which, and i really am not having a go at you here mate as i have no problem with you one bit, seems to be the american way. I don't think im being harsh when i say americans will talk and talk and talk and quite simply lose the beauty of making a short sharp point.

All i would say caz is how about posting an amended, shortened version that to an extent sums up what you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanimate)
    Well i have to admit i didn't read it as i am busy with this bloomin assignment and read a few parts and have to admit it looked pretty confusing stuff. Partly due to its length.

Which, and i really am not having a go at you here mate as i have no problem with you one bit, seems to be the american way. I don't think im being harsh when i say americans will talk and talk and talk and quite simply lose the beauty of making a short sharp point.

All i would say caz is how about posting an amended, shortened version that to an extent sums up what you think.
    shortened version? i don't understand--if u dont like the length, dont post here. the length is necessary bcuz it explains itself thoroughly

and american way? sorry, this is a thread, and not all my posts r long. and i'm sorry u think going into detail and explanation every now and then is "losing beauty"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.