Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daaavo)
    Now, Madam 'No Future', the 'negative image' to which you refer is simply due to jealousy towards the upper classes, stemming from the lower, working classes. We people from independent schools are not 'toffs', but in fact rather agreeable people.
    :rofl: You think you're agreeable? Why don't you read your last post and see how agreeable that is, calling people 'common cheapskate scum'! I for one am certainly not jealous of those who go to private schools; I like it where I am and do well anyway, so I have no reason to be. I'm definitely not jealous of a downright snob like you who think's he's God! No Future is an agreeable person, you are not.

ReputationRep:
    The EMA pisses me off so badly.. i've probably answered in this thread before. Gah, it really infuriates me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    I received EMA last year but didn't get it this year so i've had to do zombie work at a local supermarket.
    One of the cretins I work with is retaking his GCSEs and freely admitted to me that he spends most of the money in the pub, at dinner time or after college.
    I think the conditions for EMA need to be linked to grades, rather than stipulations such as 'attend all lessons' which don't show how much effort you're putting in. You shouldn't need to be getting straight As to get EMA but you should at least be getting grade C or above.
    That's a good suggestion about the grades... and I agree.. there's people in my tutor group who get say £50 a week (it's gone up) and over £100 in bonuses and they blow it on material things... not their education.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't know anybody on the EMA, and I hope to God that I never will.

ReputationRep:
    We people from independent schools are not 'toffs', but in fact rather agreeable people.
    We people? Hey, I'm one of you...I'm quite aware that people from private schools are not all toffs. I very much dislike this stereotype and know that many are agreeable.

ReputationRep:
    Your posts are making me laugh, are you actually being serious?

Why do you dislike those with low incomes so much?

ReputationRep:
    That's because you're just a complete and utter snob who thinks money is everything and people who earn less than a certain amount are 'common scum'. Well, I have news for you; this is no longer the 18th century and there are no longer clear-cut 'upper, middle and lower classes.' Your money may be able to buy you good grades, but evidently it can't buy you a decent personality or basic manners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Your posts are making me laugh, are you actually being serious?

Why do you dislike those with low incomes so much?
    Because he's a snob who thinks he's God's gift, pure and simple. It's because of morons like him that decent people like you get a bad name for going to a private school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    :rofl: You think you're agreeable? Why don't you read your last post and see how agreeable that is, calling people 'common cheapskate scum'! I for one am certainly not jealous of those who go to private schools; I like it where I am and do well anyway, so I have no reason to be. I'm definitely not jealous of a downright snob like you who think's he's God! No Future is an agreeable person, you are not.
    Now, Mrs Kellywood,
    You are part of what irritates me about Britain today. You think that you are entitled to everything thrown at you by a nanny state and then act like you are some sort of victim in a big bad world, pardon my colloquialism.

ReputationRep:
    That's because you're just a complete and utter snob who thinks money is everything and people who earn less than a certain amount are 'common scum'. Well, I have news for you; this is no longer the 18th century and there are no longer clear-cut 'upper, middle and lower classes.' Your money may be able to buy you good grades, but evidently it can't buy you a decent personality or basic manners.
    Listen girl,
    I did not 'buy' my grades. I worked hard for them; a damn side harder than you will ever work in your life. (mind you, you probably think that watching Trisha is hard work).

ReputationRep:
    Now, Mrs Kellywood,
    You are part of what irritates me about Britain today. You think that you are entitled to everything thrown at you by a nanny state and then act like you are some sort of victim in a big bad world, pardon my colloquialism.
    Well, you're what irritates me about Britain today too, so the feeling's mutual :p: I don't think I'm entitled to anything and I never said I was a victim either. I was simply protesting at your ridiculously snobbish, arrogant and narrow-minded assumption that rich people are somehow 'better' than those with less money. You say I think I'm entitled to something, yet you claim you deserve money from the government despite already having buckets of it.

ReputationRep:
    I worked hard for them; a damn side harder than you will ever work in your life.
    Unless you know whoever you're talking to you, you have no right to assume you worked harder than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Listen girl,
    I did not 'buy' my grades. I worked hard for them; a damn side harder than you will ever work in your life. (mind you, you probably think that watching Trisha is hard work).
    Again, :rofl: People like you don't know the meaning of hard work. You get everything handed to you on a silver platter. I'd like to see you get decent grades in a run of the mill state comprehensive; you wouldn't know what had hit you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Unless you know whoever you're talking to you, you have no right to assume you worked harder than anyone else.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (mind you, you probably think that watching Trisha is hard work).

ReputationRep:
    Again, :rofl: People like you don't know the meaning of hard work. You get everything handed to you on a silver platter. I'd like to see you get decent grades in a run of the mill state comprehensive; you wouldn't know what had hit you!
    Precisely. Its all fine for private school people to sit on their high horses and laugh off people who went to comprehensives. Try spending a day there, then you would know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Oh shut up, you're as bad as him. You have no right to judge how hard I work, you don't even know me!

ReputationRep:
    you don't even know me!
    Thank God!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree with that. One of the reasons my parents sent me to a private college was so that I could get the grades cause no matter how hard I did try to get good grades in the comprehensive school I did go to I could never do as good as I wanted. It can be a real challenge to learn in a state school. I tryed with so much effort and got bad grades for homework in the state school. I work the same at my new one and my grades have gone up because it's easier to learn in the new environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Thank God!
    Oh trust me, the feeling's mutual. God, and you people wonder why private school students have a reputation for being stuck-up snobs!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.