Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Actually, I think I should think before I post, I would struggle to "thinking" before I post. Good Luck for studying Law!!!! :rolleyes:
    so what about the original statement that you made.........
    in the 2nd line of that post of mine you quoted......reflecting on tht is that not possibly the stupidest thing that you've every typed

and yes you should definitely think before you post...you are correct

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think I should think before I post, I would struggle to "thinking" before I post. Good Luck for studying Law!!!! :rolleyes:
    Oh my God, a typo! Whatever next! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    if the phrase in bold is implying that I don't use EMA, you're very much mistaken and confused. Please leave this thread right now.
    I don't doubt you use it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt you use it.
    I meant "use it for good use", i.e not on alcohol and ****.

ReputationRep:
    ffs, if you don't get EMA, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I meant "use it for good use", i.e not on alcohol and ****.
    I never said you did. I also never said that everybody wastes it on non-educational needs. The "x" was simply for emphasis, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    so seaspray(?) do you still believe that people will not work hard in their futures just so they can benefit from an extra £30 a month for two years in at least 17 years time(+ more time to find a partner)???

or is it just me that thinks that BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggaman7)
    so seaspray(?) do you still believe that people will not work hard in their futures just so they can benefit from an extra £30 a month for two years in at least 17 years time(+ more time to find a partner)???

My original post states "(+ lots of other benefits)" and yes I do still stand by that statement. Many people are encouraged not to work hard so that they can stay at home and claim income support and other welfare "packages" from the government. EMA is just another type of family support to add to this list.

ReputationRep:
    My original post states "(+ extra benefits)" and yes I do still stand by that statement. Many people are encouraged not to work hard so that they can stay at home and claim income support and other welfare "packages" from the government. EMA is just another type of family support to add to this list.
    wow.......

....you really must be a rich snob that has never met or associated with people who dont get driven to school in bentleys

ReputationRep:
    wow.......

....you really must be a rich snob that has never met or associated with people who dont get driven to school in bentleys
    Come on, is that the most constructive response you could think up?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "so there"....not heard that since i was 6...thanks for bringing back memories.
    pleasure's all mine

ReputationRep:
    out of interest - do you get driven to school (in any kind of vehicle)?

ReputationRep:

No, I agree that's BS.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you get off your arse, dig a hole in your garden, fill with concrete and add water using a hose. There you go, instant swimming pool.

Oh and I do use my EMA properly and yes I do have a job so stop bugging everyone who gets EMA! jax and I had a nice "discussion" about the situation a few months back. You can ask him about it if you want.
    i believe i won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    out of interest - do you get driven to school (in any kind of vehicle)?
    no i said i get public transport

ReputationRep:
    Come on, is that the most constructive response you could think up?! :rolleyes:
    no just the most accurate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Jax_)
    i believe i won
    oh but you're losing now. Check your rep.

ReputationRep:
    Just my personal experience here, but my friend goes to a v. posh private school with amazing facilities. She also gets £30 a week EMA. How, you ask? Well her grandparents are the ones with the money, they own a hugely successful company and are absolutely loaded. My friend's mum and stepdad don't earn very much and so she is eligible for the full whack of EMA. This is an isolated case, granted. But this is one way for people to beat the system, ie. GRANNY EARNS THE MONEY!
    I am sure a lot of people do use the EMA for what it's designed for, and it's very beneficial to them. I am unsure as yet of my opinions about EMA. I think it's a good idea but the way it's presented is "hey, free money if you're poor and turn up at school!" but the reality is that the lowlifes who use it for drugs/**** etc are not the ones it is designed for. It's part of the Labour government's idea of forcing everyone into higher education instead of apprenticeships and other qualifications. EMA could be distributed either straight into schools to fund their resources on behalf of these students, and this would remove the opportunity for abuse, but this would mean students couldn't use it for travel etc. Another option might be to distribute it according to achievement according to ability. Although as a good deal of this would involve the opinions of teaching staff it would be wide open to complaints and personal vendettas. I don't know - thank god we don't have to make the decisions, we just get to rant and rave about them :rolleyes:

Well if you use EMA responsibly and it benefits you, I have no problem with it In fact (if I were older) I would be happy for my taxes to be used that way. If, however, you spend it on drugs/booze/**** then shame on you. You are an insult to the nation. Good day!

ReputationRep:
    no just the most accurate
    Oh damn, and well done, it was accurate! :rolleyes: Now seen as you think you can assume all people with parents earning over £30k a year are driven to school in Bentley's, I think I can assume that most EMA receivers don't spend the cash on educational stuff. Probably including yourself.

ReputationRep:
    oh but you're losing now. Check your rep.
    AHAHAH no not at all, anyway everyone hates gossip girl so I wear the rep I got for hatin’ on her with pride.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.