Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    Suggesting that you do voluntary work so that you can begin to understand people before you begin condemning them and making judgements.
    lol...I agree with you. I was being sarcastic. Hence the :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)
    lol...I agree with you. I was being sarcastic. Hence the :rolleyes:
    i misunderstood. Just to amuse me have you ever been in contact with teenage parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    In that case, she should have to finish her education or she loses her benefits.
    Sex at this age is sexual abuse. Is that even considered here - unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I don't see why I should pay for taxes for some Prime Minister who thought some country had these weapons of mass destruction. We all pay for other people's stupidity some forms or another. How about binge drinkers who consume NHS resources on a Saturday night? Don't forget the police and other emergency services too.
    hey! i'm a binge drinker and i don't consume nhs resourses, i pass out happily in my own room.

yes i did used to do voluntary work thanks.

if you don't have a high enough iq to use protection then you shouldn't be having sex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    hey! i'm a binge drinker and i don't consume nhs resourses, i pass out happily in my own room.

yes i did used to do voluntary work thanks.

if you don't have a high enough iq to use protection then you shouldn't be having sex!
    Does that extend to disabled persons??? or those that do not follow through what they have been taught abiout safe alcohol consumption resultin in liver damage - more drain on the taxpayer????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    You're one of the few then. But then if you continue this drinking could biuld up to ill health later on etc.

(Original post by Lozza)
    Not sure if IQ has anything to do with common sense but yeah I agree. And I don't see the huge fuss over vaginal (this will probably be censored as soon I click post) intercourse, I just feel it's about time people learnt about other alternatives instead of two two positions and the above. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does that extend to disabled persons??? or those that do not follow through what they have been taught abiout safe alcohol consumption resultin in liver damage - more drain on the taxpayer????
    does what extend to disabled persons etc?

don't knock disabled people (just in case anyone is thinking of it). stephen hawking is disabled and is one of the most intelligent people EVER. he is a total legend.

wooo alcoholism i've not heard of anyone in my college going to addenbrookes to get their stomach pumped. if anyone is that drunk we normally take them to be sick and make sure they get enough water.

edit: oh i totally agree about anal sex being safer with regards to pregnancy, but there's more chance of stds being passed on. however in both circumstances this is massively reduced by the use of protections - using condoms makes whichever orifice you use a little irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There were a few in my school. One was really disruptive, but when I saw him walking around with his baby, you could see he had completely changed. Of course some teenage parents are completely irresponsible, but so are some adult, married couples! People can just judge the whole population teenage parents in sentence.
    I feel that we all make choices and have to live with the consequences what ever they are. If at some time during your life you need help from others (gov or otherwise) lets hope it will be there!! It's a very thin line between poverty and comfort - does this make you a lesser person and a person that can contribute to society??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    does what extend to disabled persons etc?

don't knock disabled people (just in case anyone is thinking of it). stephen hawking is disabled and is one of the most intelligent people EVER. he is a total legend.

wooo alcoholism i've not heard of anyone in my college going to addenbrookes to get their stomach pumped. if anyone is that drunk we normally take them to be sick and make sure they get enough water.

edit: oh i totally agree about anal sex being safer with regards to pregnancy, but there's more chance of stds being passed on. however in both circumstances this is massively reduced by the use of protections - using condoms makes whichever orifice you use a little irrelevant
    That's ok then!

ReputationRep:
    I feel that we all make choices and have to live with the consequences what ever they are. If at some time during your life you need help from others (gov or otherwise) lets hope it will be there!! It's a very thin line between poverty and comfort - does this make you a lesser person and a person that can contribute to society??
    EDIT: Can't judge the entire teenage parent population....

sorry, spelling mistake.

I still don't understand what you want me to say or discuss

ReputationRep:
    Sex at this age is sexual abuse. Is that even considered here - unbelievable.
    Unless both participants are underage. Regardless, I don't think a 16-year-old is qualified to have a child either. Anyone that has a child before they finish their secondary education and get a job are being highly irressponsible. If they have a child before then, they better finish their education and get a job if they want the government to support them (temporarily).

Vienna and Bismarck, no argument from me! (Doesn't that make a change? ). You are spot on - I especially echo Vienna's posts on this issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomoo2k)
    there really isn't a solution, these girls are stupid and irresponsible but if they are going to have a baby they must get some support. Although the reality is their children are just going to live by their example but you can't predict this and say they deserve no help. The only long-term solution is to ban children under the age of 16 having kids, but that would cause a huge ruckus.
    i agree the girls too need to be cautious but.............
    why the hell is it always the girl fault ? - boys have the penisis - they should take a condom with them and the girl should be on the pill :rolleyes:

i went to a an all girls school - they taught us how to put a condom on a boy - ---- but at the joint boys school - they didnt teach the boys nout - they got the bare minimum - responsibilty goes two ways people !! - why isnt the onus put on boys a bit more !!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Unless both participants are underage. Regardless, I don't think a 16-year-old is qualified to have a child either. Anyone that has a child before they finish their secondary education and get a job should not have a child. If they have a child before then, they better finish their education and get a job if they want the government to support them (temporarily).
    How can you say they 'cannot have a child'? If someone get pregnant there's not alot you can do about it. You also say 'support' like its a comfortable living. Alot these people with new borns are living in poverty, and son't forget they are usually from unprivalged background without the opportunuties you and I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smee123)
    i agree the girls too need to be cautious but.............
    why the hell is it always the girl fault ? - boys have the penisis - they should take a condom with them and the girl should be on the pill :rolleyes:

i went to a an all girls school - they taught us how to put a condom on a boy - ---- but at the joint boys school - they didnt teach the boys nout - they got the bare minimum - responsibilty goes two ways people !! - why isnt the onus put on boys a bit more !!!! :eek:
    If the female has control over get body when it comes to having abortions, why shouldn't she have control over get body when it comes to getting pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    If the female has control over get body when it comes to having abortions, why shouldn't she have control over get body when it comes to getting pregnant?

responsibilty goes two ways - as the boys will become fathers - they need to taught things - it shouldnt be completely to the girls !

ReputationRep:
    How can you say they 'cannot have a child'? If someone get pregnant there's not alot you can do about it.
    If they get pregnant, they better finish their education and get a job. I didn't say benefits should be cut off if they meet those two requirements. Once those requirements are met, they won't need any government benefits.

You also say 'support' like its a comfortable living. Alot these people with new borns are living in poverty, and son't forget they are usually from unprivalged background without the opportunuties you and I have.
    There's no excuse for being stupid. Everyone has the opportunity to get an education, and anyone with an education can get a job. I don't know a single person, no matter their background, who was not able to complete their education and get a well-paying job as long as they were willing to put in the effort.

(Original post by smee123)
    responsibilty goes two ways - as the boys will become fathers - they need to taught things - it shouldnt be completely to the girls !
    Then why doesn't the male have a say in whether his partner should have an abortion?

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: Can't judge the entire teenage parent population....

sorry, spelling mistake.

I still don't understand what you want me to say or discuss
    Just strengthening your point that was all.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bismarck]If they get pregnant, they better finish their education and get a job. I didn't say benefits should be cut off if they meet those two requirements. Once those requirements are met, they won't need any government benefits.[QUOTE=Bismarck]

[QUOTE=Bismarck]There's no excuse for being stupid. Everyone has the opportunity to get an education, and anyone with an education can get a job. I don't know a single person, no matter their background, who was not able to complete their education and get a well-paying job as long as they were willing to put in the effort.[QUOTE=Bismarck]

Then why doesn't the male have a say in whether his partner should have an abortion?
    I think most teenager do finish their education but not to degree level.

I'm glad to hear that your neighbourhood is so upstanding and righteous. Education is not just about attending school it's about having a supportive and caring family life which you seem to have benefited from.

No, because most are running away in the opposite direction as quickly as they can. It's usually just about getting notches on the bedpost.

ReputationRep:
    Unless both participants are underage. Regardless, I don't think a 16-year-old is qualified to have a child either. Anyone that has a child before they finish their secondary education and get a job are being highly irressponsible. If they have a child before then, they better finish their education and get a job if they want the government to support them (temporarily).
    No if a child of 12 years became pregnant social services would investigate.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.