Turn on thread page Beta

Pink Freaking Floyd watch

ReputationRep:
    PINK FREAKING FLOYD are re-uniting for freaking LIVE 8!!!! This is possibly the best news in the world ever ever ever! I might be overlooking the fact that thousands die every day and this concert is to raise awareness for that but, come-on!!! PINK FLOYD PEOPLE!!!!!
    woooooooohoooooooo
    just need to get tickets now.

ReputationRep:
    This is something I never thought I'd see again given all the bad blood that has been spat out, particularly by Waters.

I suppose it's too much to ask for a new 'proper' Pink Floyd album after 25 years (unless you're counting The Final Cut which is really just a Roger Waters solo album in Pink Floyd clothing).

Here's hoping. Maybe they can get Sid on board for one last hurrah

I'll believe anything after this news.

ReputationRep:
    haha. in 10 years time we will all be like. "who would have thought that pink floyd were going to release 4 new groundbreaking albums that have sent popular music off in a completely unforseen direction that is just absolutely incredible, and its all thanks to bob geldof" lol or something! though that mgiht be pushing it.
    i've only sent one text t othat live 8 line, probably not enough is it?

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome news. When I did my all nighter for my artwork, I listened to The Division Bell continuously through the whole night.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understnad why so 'few' people are happy about this news.... strange TSR people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    PINK FREAKING FLOYD are re-uniting for freaking LIVE 8!!!! This is possibly the best news in the world ever ever ever! I might be overlooking the fact that thousands die every day and this concert is to raise awareness for that but, come-on!!! PINK FLOYD PEOPLE!!!!!
    woooooooohoooooooo
    just need to get tickets now.
    ok, im a bit blurry on my pink floyd knowledge but didnt one of them completely disappear about 15 years ago???

ReputationRep:
    Syd Barrett? Wanted out of the limelight, may or may not be in Cambridge now..

I'm pretty sure I'm excited enough to make up for the apparent lack of interest, I haven't been able to talk about anything else for the last 12 hours

ReputationRep:
    I always thought he was dead...but apparently not...
    he got chucked out of the band after the first 1/2 albums - and got replaced by Dave Gilmour (who is a god!)
    but...did show up during the filming of "the wall" asking when he was going to lay down his track...oh dear - took more acid than anyone can take!

ReputationRep:
    Should be good. Won't be going myself, but it'll certainly make the TV coverage much more interesting to watch.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.