Turn on thread page Beta

What Should You Take To Uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i thought it would be really helpful if people could reply with what they think you need to take to uni when you go to halls. I.E the essentials not just the obvious things. If everyone suggested something we would all be ffully prepared!

ReputationRep:
    me

ReputationRep:
    take ur brain. seriously - learn some stuff during summer ull feel better in october.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not in catered halls, make sure you take atleast one of each kind of kitchen utensil:

Pots
    Plate
    Bowl
    Cuttlery
    A sharp knife for cheese
    and cups and glasses.

Its amazing how much of this stuff goes missing when you move into halls. So keep your eye on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    me
    rather not

ReputationRep:
    no one can take a joke

here you go

http://www.studential.com/checklist/

ReputationRep:
    Try
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t32662.html

ReputationRep:
    that was soo good thankyoy!!!

ReputationRep:
    +Bottle opener, bottles of wine, some 6-packs,cans of beans(with tin opener) and bread.
    +pair of pants

Anything else is just a luxury which you don't need

ReputationRep:
    the studential list is terrifying, I don't think there's even that much stuff in my house, let alone to fit in a car. Also, all the things I will never bring, like Chopsticks - hello?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzie1)
    the studential list is terrifying, I don't think there's even that much stuff in my house, let alone to fit in a car. Also, all the things I will never bring, like Chopsticks - hello?
    lol. best thing to do is to live in ur room all day hording stuff from the other rooms

ReputationRep:
    The studential list is hugely comprehensive but it has nearly all the stuff you should consider having. If you think you won't need it, don't take it - but you could use it as a basis to make your own list.

ReputationRep:
    I printed off the studential list and then just crossed off what I didn't think I would use. Turns out I still brought more than I needed!

ReputationRep:
    The things I found most useful in my first week:

Multi power socket extension (some rooms in halls have very few power sockets)
    Blue tac for pictures/postcards/photos - to make your room look less like a prison cell
    Loo roll! (It took me a couple of days to find out where the supplies were hidden!)
    Alka seltzer - obvious really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    The things I found most useful in my first week:

Multi power socket extension (some rooms in halls have very few power sockets)
    Blue tac for pictures/postcards/photos - to make your room look less like a prison cell
    Loo roll! (It took me a couple of days to find out where the supplies were hidden!)
    Alka seltzer - obvious really!
    hint: theyre usually in the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveManUK)
    hint: theyre usually in the toilet.
    Hehe, you'd think so - we eventually found them behind the fridge!!

ReputationRep:
    What is "Loo roll" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    What is "Loo roll" ?
    Hehe, toilet paper.

ReputationRep:
    Toilet paper.

ReputationRep:
    are u allowed to hang pictures up? do people just have photos and posters? i reckon guys would have posters and girls generally wouldnt? Do lots of people bring lamps and stuff and extra seating to make it feel more homely? bit of a shame u cant see ur room couple of weeks b4!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.