Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering...is it illegal to drink in the street?

I finish my exams on Wednesday and am planning on cracking open a bottle of champagne as soon as I finish (noon). Would I potentially get arrested for drinking a bottle of champagne in the middle of town?

ReputationRep:
    Some places, especially parts of town centres, are alcohol free zones - you could probably check on your town's council website and see.

ReputationRep:
    It's not an alcohol free zone. Just wondering how the police might react to a bottle of champagne.

ReputationRep:
    Well I doubt any PC is that much of a killjoy. If one does arrest you or take your bubbly write to the Daily Mail...

ReputationRep:
    As long as you aren't drunk, I shouldn't think it would cause too many problems?

Although you may get a few evil looks from (older) people.

ReputationRep:
    or for a laugh just say

"calm down dear"

and get smacked on the bonce

ReputationRep:
    In Scotland, drinking in a public place is an offence.

ReputationRep:
    aren't pubs public, thats why they are called PUBlic houses?

ReputationRep:
    yea they won't care as long as you aren't causing any problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas)
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas)
    i disagree, chances are youre not going to go into town on your own and quietly drink a bottle of champagne, youll be with others who are loud and drinking??

especially if you're underage, if the police see you theyll take it straight away (although im only taking from experience with my local area) but if theyre not there then u got nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    Just wondering...is it illegal to drink in the street?

I finish my exams on Wednesday and am planning on cracking open a bottle of champagne as soon as I finish (noon). Would I potentially get arrested for drinking a bottle of champagne in the middle of town?
    avoid the problem. drink in a licensed premises or in your own home.

why would you want to become a nuisance on the street?

ReputationRep:
    I seem to drink regularly near the streets when playing football all day 'til dark then it's time to finish the 24 pack. :eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.