The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Redwolf_Eddy
Cannabis does cause mental health problems if taken over a long period.

It's due to that and LSD that Syd Barret went schizophrenic, along with innumerable other members of rock bands. Don't do it long term!

nope, it's due to the LSD and the other hard drugs rock bands would usually indulge in, its just the fact that some people who smoke it, are the kind that would go alot higher up the drug chain.. not for me

anyway cant be bothered anymore, too many close-minded people here..
Reply 21
Xnought
nope, it's due to the LSD and the other hard drugs rock bands would usually indulge in, its just the fact that some people who smoke it, are the kind that would go alot higher up the drug chain.. not for me

anyway cant be bothered anymore, too many close-minded people here..

oh be quiet, do you honestly think it is good to smoke cannabis? dont be so stupid, sorry but it has to be said.
Reply 22
Flukey
Only pathetic and stupid people think is it is radical (lol) and good to smoke tobacco, cigs, or cannabis. When will they learn :rolleyes:

Sorry for the generalisation, but that is what i think.

oh dear :frown: it genuinally hurts me inside to think of what goes through your head.
Reply 23
If i am mis-educated, then surely you must know this:

It has a higher tar content than tobacco, so smoking cannabis presents the same health problems: bronchitis, emphysema and lung cancer
It can disrupt the control of blood pressure increasing the risk of fainting. Even occasional use is bad for people with heart and circulation disorders, and for those predisposed to schizophrenia
Reply 24
Xnought
oh dear :frown: it genuinally hurts me inside to think of what goes through your head.

:rofl: the same can be said about you and smoking cannabis!!! :toofunny:
Reply 25
Flukey
If i am mis-educated, then surely you must know this:

It has a higher tar content than tobacco, so smoking cannabis presents the same health problems: bronchitis, emphysema and lung cancer
It can disrupt the control of blood pressure increasing the risk of fainting. Even occasional use is bad for people with heart and circulation disorders, and for those predisposed to schizophrenia
it has a higher tar content yes ok, but you smoke less, also tobacco contains chemicals or something which destroys the little things that clean up your lungs, which mean the tar etc is there for longer, whereas mary jane does not, i could paste the whole scientific explanation if i thought it would make a difference to a fool like you.

increasing the risk of fainting?? thats a new one, obviosuly you dont smoke if you have any of those conditions, like alot of conditions would be made worse if you drank alcohol.

try again
Reply 26
Well you are obvisouly for the fool for resulting to taking drugs.

i would rather be nice and healthy, than be you.

So a fool makes someone who does not smoke? :rofl: dont be so stupid!!

Btw it is not wrong, please do check out this article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/cannabis/

So there! You fool!
Reply 27
Did my other posts not give it away that i dont smoke, you idiot! :toofunny:
Reply 28
Flukey
Did my other posts not give it away that i dont smoke, you idiot! :toofunny:

really, cos i said you did didnt i.

im a fool for taking drugs? oh wow nice one, cos noone takes drugs do they, infact lets go drink some poision (alcohol) cos thats so much better for us.

i do not consider someone who dosent smoke to be a fool, its hating something youve clearly had no real experience with.

btw that site says nothing interesting, only what you copy'd + pasted from there so why link it?

theres things you just wont learn in school mate (which i can guess is your life, as you have 3000 posts on a school message board) maybe once you experience life you will realise this.
Reply 29
Xnought
really, cos i said you did didnt i.

im a fool for taking drugs? oh wow nice one, cos noone takes drugs do they, infact lets go drink some poision (alcohol) cos thats so much better for us.

i do not consider someone who dosent smoke to be a fool, its hating something youve clearly had no real experience with.

btw that site says nothing interesting, only what you copy'd + pasted from there so why link it?

theres things you just wont learn in school mate (which i can guess is your life, as you have 3000 posts on a school message board) maybe once you experience life you will realise this.

I think thats harsh, just because you smoke cannabis and flukey has different views to you and more posts doesnt mean he has less of a life than you, probably more of one considering his not out of his head for a lot of it!
Also before you dismiss this as a post from a fool whos never done it so doesnt understand, i have. I just dont think you should resort to insults when the arguments not going your way.
Reply 30
dreamer86
I think thats harsh, just because you smoke cannabis and flukey has different views to you and more posts doesnt mean he has less of a life than you, probably more of one considering his not out of his head for a lot of it!
Also before you dismiss this as a post from a fool whos never done it so doesnt understand, i have. I just dont think you should resort to insults when the arguments not going your way.

he brought his views(im not saying everyone should be the same but he was clearly misinformed, but hopefully now he realises he is wrong) here when i specifically said i didnt want to hear them, meaning that he wanted an argument.
mods may aswell delete this thread, i dont like arguing anymore then any of you.
Reply 31
Sorry, but what sort of replies did you expect?

There is probably an overreaction when people mention durgs, but I don't think that means that it is good to take them. I personally don't see the attraction in it, I don't know what I'd acheive from it, much the same as alcohol, which is part of the reason I don't drink. I think that I can have just as much fun without it.

It's each to their own, really
Reply 32
Hm. Yes, I use cannabis, as do many of my friends (yes, not surprising within a social circle, but most everyone I know has tried at some point or other).

Seem to be a lot of sweeping statements in here along the lines of "cannabis WILL do this" or "cannabis DOES cause that". Yes, you're completely correct, physically, it's not good for you, in terms of circulation and cancer. However, the ridiculous number of contrasting viewpoints on its mental effect are a testament to the fact that no one really knows. Where one survey will prove something, another will disprove it.

I have always been of the belief that it's up to the individual to decide what they put in their body - a large section of the population chooses to poison itself with alcohol every weekend, often being lary and obnoxious in the process. Of course not all drinkers do that, I drink too, but would tend to prefer smoking, as it tends to result in a more chilled, pleasant gathering with discussions of politics, philosophy, music, ourselves and each other. Whenever I end up in the pub, this veers off to football, sex and how much someone hates something. Sure you need a balance, but I'm usually in the mood for a bit of relaxation come the weekend.

I'd say, don't write off people who take drugs just because you disagree with it yourself. All drugs are an experience, but not all users are wasters and dropouts - I think many things are worth trying, but it's up to everyone to make their own informed decision.

Phew, long. Need a chillout now :wink:
Reply 33
Xnought
just wondered if anyone here smokes cannabis??.. i dont smoke cigs, hate them, but i really do like the herb, a great medicine, especially if used correctly during exams, can really help you calm down/get a good nights sleep.

i dont wish to hear from mis-educated fools (although not your fault, it still annoys me) but if anyone actually uses it to help them in any way

I dont smoke pot, I cant stand the smell.
Reply 34
Xnought
just wondered if anyone here smokes cannabis??.. i dont smoke cigs, hate them, but i really do like the herb, a great medicine, especially if used correctly during exams, can really help you calm down/get a good nights sleep.

i dont wish to hear from mis-educated fools (although not your fault, it still annoys me) but if anyone actually uses it to help them in any way

Ok you are obviously a clever person who cares for your future, I have read and heard so many stories about how it can mess up your life. It may be effective for a short term but please consider that everyones bodies react differently to different things. It is not a secret that once you start you will not be able to stop therefore your future will be dismal. What happens if you want to impress a cretain type of person and of they learn that they are deeling with a drug abuser will not give you a chance.
I know that you this was not the reply you were hoping for, but it does not hurt to try. This is only advice.
Reply 35
i smoke green, maybe a couple of times a month, but more regularly during this strenous exam period. i know exactly what you mean about it helping you get a good night's sleep, and it's a good way to relax after an exam.

by the way, there's no proof that cannabis is linked to mental health problems, and it was only last week that i read an article in the Independent regarding a scientific study which had shown cannabis to be good for you heart.

the fact is, there's a lot of contradictory things being said about cannabis at the moment, and we don't know the answers. yes, i agree that it's not good for your health. smoking anything is no doubt bad for you. but my dad's always said he'd rather i smoked the occasional joint than cigarettes, and i'm inclined to agree. cannabis isn't physically addictive, and i know lots of people who use it occasionally, however i don't know very many social tobacco smokers..

at the end of the day, there are an estimated 5 million users in the uk, and it's the organised criminals behind the dealing who benefit most from the current anti-cannabis laws.

and if we're gona talk alcohol vs cannabis that's really pretty simple.

it's impossible to "overdose" from cannabis, no matter how much you smoke in one sitting. every weekend in britain teenagers get their stomachs pumped from binge drinking
alcohol impairs judgement more than cannabis - people may not realise it, but in general they're much more careful when driving stoned than when drink-driving. we tend to be more reckless when we've been drinking. don't believe me? fine, but look on the internet, it's pretty easy to find scientific reports about this.
cannabis is addictive to very few people, alcohol addiction is much more common (in % terms, not just cos more people drink)

i'm not gonna say it's harmless, i'm sure it can cause cancer if you smoke a lot of it, but even bloody mobile phones are being linked to cancer these days. to call someone stupid because they smoke a bit of pot is just naive... it's not doing anyone else any harm, and yeh im sure someone will have a horror story about a friend who got high and killed themselves, but the same happens with alcohol all the time.

at the end of the day, even the government appreciates cannabis is a pretty harmless drug, hence the re-classification last year... and there's nothing i hate more than people who go out and get completely pisse d every weekend, but maintain that "cannabis is illegal, so it's obviously way worse for you"
that, my friends, is just pathetic.
Reply 36
Smoking sucks, your not hard or cool :p:
Reply 37
patriotcow
Smoking sucks, your not hard or cool :p:

neither is it uncool. why is that so many people associate it with that image of trying to be hard. drinking doesn't make you cool either, but people still do it. why? because it's good fun socially. it's cretins like you, who have been brainwashed by the law, that give cannabis a bad name. i can just tell that you lump it together with all the other drugs, things like heroin and coke, and just assume that all drugs are bad, and all drug-users are either junkies or else just doing it to look cool.
it's pretty socially accepted, i've never had a problem with it, and the first time i did it was out of curiosity. i liked it, and have smoked it moderately ever since. in no way do i think it makes me hard, so bugger off
Reply 38
wooh wooh im on drugs, not just trying to meet prince charles i am genuinely smacked out on crack

scuse me druggies...
Reply 39
hellohello
i smoke green, maybe a couple of times a month, but more regularly during this strenous exam period. i know exactly what you mean about it helping you get a good night's sleep, and it's a good way to relax after an exam.

At least admit you like getting high.
I mean of all the years living with dealers, you guys where the most annoying buyers.
"hey can I buy some weed to help me relax"
"I need it for ummm medical reasons"
:rolleyes: aint fooling anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending