Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether many of you post in D and D. Anyway, on the topic on stopping teenage pregnancies, these were some of the views:

(Original post by TheVlad)
    If so, do you think that a long-term reduction in the rate would justify some mothers' in the short term being forced to give up their babies?
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Perhaps there should be mandatory abortions for unwed pregnant teens.
    Does anyone here actually find the prospect of forcing a mother to be separated from her child, or forcing a teenager to have an abortion slightly disturbing?

It seems that most members in D and D find these ideas perfectly reasonable. I was wondering whether this is standard on TSR, or whether people in GC have their sense of morality a bit more intact! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I find that kinda disturbing!

ReputationRep:
    i think 'irresponsible' mothers should have their baby taken away yes

there is a massive long-list of loving couples prepared to adopt them

by irresponsible mothers i mean teenage-girls who can't afford to support their own baby and end up relying on the state to pick up the pieces either through heavy benefits or even giving them a council-house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas)
    i think 'irresponsible' mothers should have their baby taken away yes

there is a massive long-list of loving couples prepared to adopt them

by irresponsible mothers i mean teenage-girls who can't afford to support their own baby and end up relying on the state to pick up the pieces either through heavy benefits or even giving them a council-house
    So you are prepared to forcefully break the bond between a mother and her child.

ReputationRep:
    i think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i have seen so much i am not shocked at all.

ReputationRep:
    sterilisation is more effective.

ReputationRep:
    Inequality said:
    It seems that most members in D and D find these ideas perfectly reasonable. I was wondering whether this is standard on TSR, or whether people in GC have their sense of morality a bit more intact!
    This is where you hide. What is your solution to the ever-growing problem of teenager's having babies then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)
    It seems that most members in D and D find these ideas perfectly reasonable. I was wondering whether this is standard on TSR, or whether people in GC have their sense of morality a bit more intact! :eek:
    really? was there a poll conducted that i missed?

and who are you to judge senses of morality?

ReputationRep:
    So you are prepared to forcefully break the bond between a mother and her child.
    if its better for a child then yes

if a mother was beating her child would you let her keep it?

i think there should be a parenting lisences personaly. some people don't deserve to bring life into this world as they don't nkow how to treat it.

ReputationRep:
    Brwon Eyed Girlsaid:
    i think there should be a parenting lisences personaly. some people don't deserve to bring life into this world as they don't nkow how to treat it.
    I agree. Some people are just to young, reckless and immature to have children. I don't believe in licenses though but something needs to be done to solve this problem.

ReputationRep:
    if the sole intent of a girl getting pregnant is to "queue jump" to the head of the council house waiting list, has she REALLY got the child's best interest at heart? Or is it a means to an end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMA)
    Brwon Eyed Girlsaid:

I agree. Some people are just to young, reckless and immature to have children. I don't believe in licenses though but something needs to be done to solve this problem.
    yeah the lisence thing is extreme but some people just dont deserve to have kids

i wouldnt have a kid now

im way to young no way could i support a child

but yet peple just go and have kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yeah so it tying someone's hands behind their back so they stop posting stupid things on the internet.
    its actually a factual statement. please read and review it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    its actually a factual statement. please read and review it again.
    Oh I'd actually deleted my message to avoid confrontation... but seeing as you're here.

What was the implication behind your "factual statement" Alex?

ReputationRep:
    inequality, you do forget that Douglas is anti-abortionist to an extent don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    inequality, you do forget that Douglas is anti-abortionist to an extent don't you?
    Yeah, I was going to say - quoting someone out of context is not going to produce much helpful debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yeah, I was going to say - quoting someone out of context is not going to produce much helpful debate.
    Douglas was probably tring to be problematic like that other person who advocated random abortions for all 25% of potential births or something just for a bit fun.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I ain't even gonna comment because of my views on abortion anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    if the sole intent of a girl getting pregnant is to "queue jump" to the head of the council house waiting list, has she REALLY got the child's best interest at heart? Or is it a means to an end?
    yea i agree with you..

mother-child bond is rubbish cus when the baby is first born if it was put into adoption at an early age, it won't even remember ever *not* being in adoption

and if it is for the benefit of that child to break that bond, it should be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    yeah the lisence thing is extreme but some people just dont deserve to have kids

i wouldnt have a kid now

im way to young no way could i support a child

but yet peple just go and have kids
    I don't know how you would judge whether someone "deserves" to have children - it'd be someone's idea of what constitutes a "good" or "responsible" person, affected by their own prejudices. If someone's hurting their child, then yes, get the child out of there - but splitting up mothers and children just because a mother is viewed as inferior by someone who doesn't even know them doesn't seem right to me. I'm having scary thoughts about someone in a suit at a desk somewhere in the future, trying to decide whether or not I "deserve" to have children... it's a horrible thought. As is the idea of forcing teenage girls to have abortions, which to me seems like abuse in itself.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.