Turn on thread page Beta

I find these views disturbing watch

ReputationRep:
    those comments were taken out of context. i personally don't like the idea that my taxes are going to pay for the upkeep of a kid whose parent is younger than me. in fact, i think it's quite sick that teenagers are having kids. *tries to imagine myself with a baby* no it wouldn't happen any time soon.

how hard is it to get on the contraceptive pill and use a condom??!

ReputationRep:
    D and D erodes people's souls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esd1323)
    I don't know how you would judge whether someone "deserves" to have children - it'd be someone's idea of what constitutes a "good" or "responsible" person, affected by their own prejudices. If someone's hurting their child, then yes, get the child out of there - but splitting up mothers and children just because a mother is viewed as inferior by someone who doesn't even know them doesn't seem right to me. I'm having scary thoughts about someone in a suit at a desk somewhere in the future, trying to decide whether or not I "deserve" to have children... it's a horrible thought. As is the idea of forcing teenage girls to have abortions, which to me seems like abuse in itself.
    Exactly. That was the point I was trying to make. If other members actually thought about what they were saying, they would realise the stupidity of the suggestion that babies should be separated from all poor teenage mothers.

ReputationRep:
    As is the idea of forcing teenage girls to have abortions, which to me seems like abuse in itself.
    Abortion gets abused enough as it is. Glad you agree there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with the statement but I don't really agree with you pulling this one person out in GC either. The whoel point of D&D is that people debate their opinions so even if some are a bit extremist, it's all part of being in the debating forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    D and D erodes people's souls...
    i dont think i had one

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you would judge whether someone "deserves" to have children - it'd be someone's idea of what constitutes a "good" or "responsible" person, affected by their own prejudices. If someone's hurting their child, then yes, get the child out of there - but splitting up mothers and children just because a mother is viewed as inferior by someone who doesn't even know them doesn't seem right to me. I'm having scary thoughts about someone in a suit at a desk somewhere in the future, trying to decide whether or not I "deserve" to have children... it's a horrible thought. As is the idea of forcing teenage girls to have abortions, which to me seems like abuse in itself.
    what i mean is parents who don't "love" there kids.. i say "love" like that cause every parent dose really.

but ones that leave ther kid screaming for hours on end beat it or drag it around town or just have it for the money arnt good parents

exactly Lozza!! kids who are 16 and having kids is just wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    I don't agree with the statement but I don't really agree with you pulling this one person out in GC either. The whoel point of D&D is that people debate their opinions so even if some are a bit extremist, it's all part of being in the debating forum.
    And many people may present opinions that they personally do not advocate, I have done this but I always state that I don't believe in it etc. just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    Putting it on GC is good. It causes a bit of havoc. In fact I enjoy nothing more than winding up people who take TSR too seriously :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Though I believe that you shouldn't have kids if you don't have the money to raise them effectively, accidents do happen, and sometimes people genuinely yearn for a child they don't have the money to support. Some people are Catholic and can;t use contraception.
    However, some people do abuse the system and use their children simply to claim more money. Reminds me of this documentary of this poor place where the women would drug their kids to keep them quiet, then take them out on the street as tools for their begging. You never know. Which is why benefits are available to these mothers. You forget it's for the children, not the mothers themselves, although the money is sometimes misused.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, here in GC we are really normal

*hopes he doesnt look in the Florgy Society*

:rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2005
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.