Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I so felt the pain of all these "ordinary" (hand selected to suit the agenda of the corrupt bureaucrats that the BBC is mainly composed of) Muslims shown on the programme as they have to put up with the "ordinary" (see previous definition) British Barbarians shown on the programme that make their country so hard to live in. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggaman7)
    yes it is actually....accepting the war on terror is hard because
    a)the reasons for it are obscure
    erm, no they arent really. The war on terrorism, while it may be open ended in terms of securing victory, has a very simple premise: that global terrorism, predominantly Islamic terrorism, is a national security threat to the West and a threat that must be opposed. With all ones reservations in regard to how best execute such a challenge, id be surprised to meet anyone who finds it difficult to oppose its motivation, purpose and goal.
    As your documentary makes clear, there are those who felt acts of terrorism, such as that on 9/11, are not only justified but actually deserved. Is this a question of heritage, and is it the kind of heritage I want to take root in my nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Oh, I so felt the pain of all these "ordinary" (hand selected to suit the agenda of the corrupt bureaucrats that the BBC is mainly composed of) Muslims shown on the programme as they have to put up with the "ordinary" (see previous definition) British Barbarians shown on the programme that make their country so hard to live in. :rolleyes:
    Well, I imagine the BBC spared no expense in trying to educate us white 'racists' with a sob story. The question surely on every sane persons lips is, can it top the 'Power of Nightmares' for most outrageously one sided propaganda?

ReputationRep:
    oh yes...i also forgot to mention the point Vienna made (good work madam).....the guys on the show DID SUPPORT terrorism. I dont care how they twist the language and reasoning for it but its wrong and a threat to all those who live in this peaceful and democratic society (BTW we are not debating if we live in a peaceful/democratic society here!).
    Mandeep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Well, I imagine the BBC spared no expense in trying to educate us white 'racists' with a sob story. The question surely on every sane persons lips is, can it top the 'Power of Nightmares' for most outrageously one sided propaganda?
    okay then you win okay.....im going to sleep i hate arguing with you....

yes we all support terrorism and yes what an awful religion we have and yes JOND feel no sympathy for a man who got no job offers under tariq but ldz under john or whatever he called himself.....

we muslims are terrible it is us spreading the propoganda and why...because one day we hope to dominate the world and either brutally murder you or see you wear a shalwar-kameez or burka

okay then you win okay.....im going to sleep i hate arguing with you....

yes we all support terrorism and yes what an awful religion we have and yes JOND feel no sympathy for a man who got no job offers under tariq but ldz under john or whatever he called himself.....

we muslims are terrible it is us spreading the propoganda and why...because one day we hope to dominate the world and either brutally murder you or see you wear a shalwar-kameez or burka
    Yeh that Tariq guy was on the BBC website too a few days back (i didn't see the prog but i read the article on him).
    Dont think its anything that new really though.
    I mean lookat all the immigrannts over the years who have changed their names so as to 'fit in' more. Its not like Michael Howards family name is really Howard....

ReputationRep:
    Well, there was the BBC's "Fair Trade For Kidz", the BBC election coverage, that Josef Goebell's artwork, those BBC world maps that show Iraq and Latin American dictatorships as part of the British Empire, that Dr Who episode where an alien family conspires to get the world to blow itself up - in a false war against an imaginary enemy that could strike in 45 minutes, so they could make profit from oil.. err.. scrap rock.

ReputationRep:
    yes we all support terrorism and yes what an awful religion we have
    Its this kind of reaction that is entirely counter productive. Im willing to believe that there are a majority of muslims that believe terrorism is wrong, that there is no place for Islamic laws in Britain, but they arent helping me out. From young moderate muslims to the MCB, time and time again we have example after example of the belief in a Muslim nation that exists above the inheritated state and above its national law. A community of people who, because they see themselves as part of a larger movement, inherently oppose the United States of America, oppose secular democracy, oppose Israels right to exist, and make apologies for the use of terrorism. Where are those who put their British nationality first, who believe in the rule of English law and believe that terrorism is a despicable and murderous act and should be condemned whether it be carried out against Jews, Americans or Muslims of any nationality. When will I see a documentary or read a report with moderates that actually have anything remotely in common with the values of the nation to which they legally claim to be home? And when, in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, do I stop believing the Guardian and the BBC and realise that perhaps they simply do not exist?

ReputationRep:
    Its this kind of reaction that is entirely counter productive. Im willing to believe that there are a majority of muslims that believe terrorism is wrong, that there is no place for Islamic laws in Britain, but they arent helping me out. From young moderate muslims to the MCB, time and time again we have example after example of the belief in a Muslim nation that exists above the inheritated state and above its national law. A community of people who, because they see themselves as part of a larger movement, inherently oppose the United States of America, oppose secular democracy, oppose Israels right to exist, and make apologies for the use of terrorism. Where are those who put their British nationality first, who believe in the rule of English law and believe that terrorism is a despicable and murderous act and should be condemned whether it be carried out against Jews, Americans or Muslims of any nationality. When will I see a documentary or read a report with moderates that actually have anything remotely in common with the values of the nation to which they legally claim to be home? And when, in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, do I stop believing the Guardian and the BBC and realise that perhaps they simply do not exist?
    what do you mean...what kind of values would you like to see

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean...what kind of values would you like to see
    Belief in the rule of English law would be a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    Belief in the rule of English law would be a good place to start.
    is that it?

ReputationRep:
    here's another before i go to bed......EQUALITY for ALL MANKIND (including women....also RESPECT for others faiths). Do not give me anything that says that your religion treats ALL individuals as equal.
    Mandeep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khalsa1846)
    Do not give me anything that says that your religion treats ALL individuals as equal.
    Mandeep
    then you will remain ignorant. what a pity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khalsa1846)
    here's another before i go to bed......EQUALITY for ALL MANKIND (including women....also RESPECT for others faiths). Do not give me anything that says that your religion treats ALL individuals as equal.
    Mandeep
    ok i wont give it you then..........

and you tell me where you see equality for all mankind anywhere

ReputationRep:
    No i wouldnt be remaining ignorant..well on second thoughts i would be HOWEVER in my defence (though this one is a weak one) I know what sort of debate will ensue after reading loads of these threads, years of debating, and years of researching (though not intensive but i've seen enough of the Qu'ran to make an informed decision).
    Do apologise if it seems ignorant but I have to set a limit as to how far one can debate away frm the thread (not for everyone as im NOBODY to tell anybody what they can say) but u should get the jist of what im trying to say (i hope )
    Mandeep

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, mandeep.

From young moderate muslims to the MCB, time and time again we have example after example of the belief in a Muslim nation that exists above the inheritated state and above its national law. A community of people who, because they see themselves as part of a larger movement, inherently oppose the United States of America, oppose secular democracy, oppose Israels right to exist, and make apologies for the use of terrorism. Where are those who put their British nationality first, who believe in the rule of English law and believe that terrorism is a despicable and murderous act and should be condemned whether it be carried out against Jews, Americans or Muslims of any nationality.
    Are you implying that supporting USA and Israel is mandatory on all who claim to be British citizens?

When will I see a documentary or read a report with moderates that actually have anything remotely in common with the values of the nation to which they legally claim to be home? And when, in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, do I stop believing the Guardian and the BBC and realise that perhaps they simply do not exist?
    obviously you didn't watch the documentary in discussion. there was an odd mixture of opinions, one of the muslims was who people like to say 'integrated' into society, he called the terrorists idiots, he said a woman can dress modestly without hijab, he was pretty adamant that muslims should adapt more to the british society if they want to live in it, and that a drink now and again doesn't mean that the person isn't a good, devout muslim.
    it was quite an interesting programme, but i wasn't too impressed with some of the speakers.

ReputationRep:
    There were three different messages for three different target groups by that 'inner party' political broadcast.

British Muslims and friendly whites were told that the BBC feels the pain and humiliation of the Muslim world and - look, we'll even let you speak for yourselves about how nasty the Washington, Whitehall and media neocons are.

British Jews were reminded of how widespread and raw is the Muslim discontent with the neocon (Jewish) humiliation of Muslims, and how easy it is for young Jews with loyalty issues to be sucked in - and out the other side (Shahida[?]). Watch your daughter Mrs.Cohen - and don't forget the truth of the Haggadah...every generation..!

The great white mass who've already been worked over by the media and politicians and are consequently paranoid about Muslims were given even more reason to be fearful. Repeatedly they were told that almost all Muslims support Bin Laden and that todays young brothers are less willing than their fathers to assimilate. Message understood - they're all terrorists and we're at war with Islam. If it's necessary to invade Iran or Syria and lock up without trial a few dozen, few hundred or few thousand young Osamas - fine.

Job done BBC! The question is - whose job? :rolleyes:

No need to remind me that there are a few Black people in Britain - our political class only consider Black opinion when they're getting noisy - and they only get noisy about not enough handouts. They were block viewing 55 degrees North anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The attention seeking by some memebers *cough* vienna *cough* is getting more desperarate every day.

(Original post by LC01)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That response is beneath contempt

(Original post by LC01)
    Yes I could, I am a polite person
    A polite person who mocks the distress of others!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2005
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.