Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Never tried, never want to. Luckily none of my friends smoke either so I haven't experienced peer pressure, and my parents are both nurses and my mum made sure she told me exactly what could happen to me if I did at a young age!

ReputationRep:
    wow
    I am with the majority
    never tried
    actually
    I do not smoke because I live myself very much lol

ReputationRep:
    ive never tried

mostley because i allready have pretty weak lungs from scaring from whooping cough crap when i was like 1 or 2...

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is for the weak...

ReputationRep:
    never tried, not going to try it. the smell is bad enough, but i cant imagine tasting it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised to be with the majority! :eek:

Two of my friends smoke and when we're all out there is always the temptation, but i knew if i started i wouldn't be able to stop so its just easier never to try it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand the smell either! And people look so tacky when smoking they can't even use the 'it looks good' excuse any more!

ReputationRep:
    i tried it couple of times but never inhaled.

ReputationRep:
    I dont smoke on principle. I think its horrible and I have to put up with passive smoking anyways. Ive seen my nan die from lung cancer and swore never to allow this to happen to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    I dont smoke on principle. I think its horrible and I have to put up with passive smoking anyways. Ive seen my nan die from lung cancer and swore never to allow this to happen to me.
    I wish everyone start thinking the way u do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    This dude speaks the troooof!!

If you smoke, you're weak in mind and body!!
    If you quit, you're stronger than ever before!!!
    If you don't smoke, then you can come round & I will make you a nice cup of tea and let you eat a cookie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    There was a thread complaining about smoking earlier on today, and I was thinking about it - how many people on TSR smoke, or have tried it? Might be interesting to see just how many people do, and whether they are old enough or not.
    Ok... only three people 16 and over who smoke? And I'm one of them? Ach well....

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread complaining about smoking earlier on today, and I was thinking about it - how many people on TSR smoke, or have tried it? Might be interesting to see just how many people do, and whether they are old enough or not.
    I'm 16, and I've smoked "properly" for about a year. By that, I mean about 10-15 roll ups a day. It sucks, it's the stupidest thing I've ever taken up, and just as soon as these GCSEs are over I'm gona try and give it up..

ReputationRep:
    Smoking smells...

I never intend to try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Smoking smells...

I never intend to try it.
    You smell

I never intend to try you

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't you add an option in the poll for people who have smoked but given up? cos "tried it but don't smoke regularly" isn't really the right option for someone who smoked heavily but gave it up.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone STILL complaining, but STILL no one joining my TSR Giving Up Society. >_>

ReputationRep:
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t120684.html

ReputationRep:
    Well, i hope to quit the cigars I continue to smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Never have, never will :-D

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.