Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mr "dumbass" Blunkett wants to introduce biometric ID cards into britain and i thinks it's a wretched attempt at improving social security. Loads of other things have to be considered like cardholder could hold the card under a false name, they will reduce our privacy and there's a possibility of abuse by police and other law enforcement officials. AND if they are voluntary, some people without them may look suspicious... dont u agree??
    Also THE SEPTEMBER 11TH ATTACKERS were in the states legally therefore they would have got the pilot identification easily. IT really won't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +rabble-rouser+)
    Mr "dumbass" Blunkett wants to introduce biometric ID cards into britain and i thinks it's a wretched attempt at improving social security. Loads of other things have to be considered like cardholder could hold the card under a false name, they will reduce our privacy and there's a possibility of abuse by police and other law enforcement officials. AND if they are voluntary, some people without them may look suspicious... dont u agree??
    Also THE SEPTEMBER 11TH ATTACKERS were in the states legally therefore they would have got the pilot identification easily. IT really won't make a difference.
    It will amke some difference, to immigration etc and easy id of criminals etc. But not much

ReputationRep:
    yeh but in the long run we might as well not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +rabble-rouser+)
    It has nothing to do with September 11. September 11 was just a wakeup call that they weren't cracking down on terrorism seriously enough. Yes, I think it's ignorant as society could be improved by taking steps other than supporting your economy and military--aka gov't.

However, we live in a world of ignorance, and to support security against opposing people who advocate love, and some hate and death, even the most annoying measures can be tolerated--such as these IDs.

ReputationRep:
    I think they would br great. I would actually have ID when I get asked for it in clubs which would make a change

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.