Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you're planning on doing the discursive essay in Unit 6C what topics have you revised?
    So far I've done Umwelt and dritte Welt (which i'm praying for!!) Euthanasie, Abtreibung and a bit of cloning.. oh and a little bit of equal rights
    No idea what else to revise - what have you done so far?

ReputationRep:
    Europa, and die Wende are what I'm hoping for. Perhaps something on the Media as well, and Youth Crime. I distrust the ethical debates.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the Philip Allan revision guide which has all the different vocab for the topics which i'm going through at the moment. We did almost an entire term on the Umwelt, so that had better come up!

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe if we both pray very hard we'll get what we wish for!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! But at least there's bound to be one of the nine we can answer! I normally go for task-based coz it's simpler, but the discursive essays can be good if you know what you're on about and have the vocab to do it

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest... I've never tried anything but discursive... cos we never did any preparation!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Task based is pretty much the AS writing paper but they expect a bit more from you obviously. You mainly have to write letters to people, but if you're not prepared for it, don't try it when you could do better in the discursive ones.

I'm just steering clear of creative, they look evil and we've never even been told about them. Then again, our teacher didn't know the syllabus.......

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure ours does either :p: but we were specifically told NOT to do the creative as unless your a native speaker it's hard to get good marks

ReputationRep:
    That decides it then!

Our teacher comes from Holland to replace our teacher who went sick in September and never came back to German, only Critical Thinking. She did not have a clue what she was doing, but at least she tried with us.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher is part of the Edexcel German Examination Team (he's joint in charge of Unit 5), and he's told us to stay well clear of creative as well. None of us are Goethe, afterall.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point! Do you reckon anyone actually does it and does it well?

I suppose it's a lot easier to know what hoops to jump through for the others, so you're more likely to get a better mark.

ReputationRep:
    I think only native or near native speakers go for the creative writing task.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. And in all the other exams you're training your powers of argument and analysis... not your creative writing skills. It's a totally different skill :p: And not a particularly useful one either

ReputationRep:
    any predictions on what the discursive questions might include?

ReputationRep:
    They're always a bit odd!

I did one about whether sports stars get paid too much as a mock =S

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side, though, you don't need to know that much detail, as it's only about 200 words (40 for the introduction, 100 for for, 100 for against and 60 for the conclusion). If it's related to something like the Euro, then paying close attention to European Current Affairs would give you something to say.

ReputationRep:
    political issues and umwelt havent come up for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    We had something about an education crisis recently, which I did my coursework on.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.