Turn on thread page Beta

asking for e-mail address watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    been there done that, meeting up after can be a disapointment.
    Lol I suppose that's always a risk. I went into an online relationship without ever having seen his photo - and didn't know what he looked like til the night we met in person. Quite dangerous really cus he could've been dodgy - he wasn't - but yeh I remember having my mind's image completely shattered. And then I had a period of when I compared my mind's picture with what he actually looked like LOL! He's an average-looking guy with a cute smile :p: but still it was far away away from what I had imagined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_inq)
    I have developed this kind of questionable theory lately that I should rather be asking girls for their e-mail addresses instead of their mobile telephone numbers since it is easier for someone to hand out their e-mail address (which in the worst of cases can be spammed :P) than their phone number (which can be used for all sorts of stalking and getting on one's nerves ).Apart from that,if they don't really want to communicate with me,asking for their e-mail address instead of their mobile telephone number will exempt them from the embarassing position of denying/saying they don't have a mobile phone/giving me a wrong number and all these tricks girls invent to get rid of someone :P.So I'd like to ask..what do you girls think? Would you rather hand out your e-mail address than your mobile number?
    no! dont do it! get the NUMBER! if a guy asks me for email, i assume he wont want to call me. and i never check my emails.and also, if you talk properly, you can see how she feels better than from a textuation

ReputationRep:
    I tell ye, some of the girls I've spoken to - I should've asked for email addresses. Their accents were horrible and distressing on the ear... (Essex birds)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjelly)
    no! dont do it! get the NUMBER! if a guy asks me for email, i assume he wont want to call me. and i never check my emails.and also, if you talk properly, you can see how she feels better than from a textuation
    LOL I'd prefer to start off with emails, personally - I find it far easier to express myself in writing. I'm only really interested in phone calls if I'm fond of the guy and thinks I could fancy him :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.