Turn on thread page Beta

International High IQ Society watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I stumbled across the International High IQ Society had a go at the Ultimate IQ Test and im eligible to join with a fee of 60 quid, minimum!
    I scored 137 and Im 15, if you had enough of all the stupid exams give this test a go and see how you fare! Once you got your result post them here and your age.

http://www.highiqsociety.org/common/...s/ultimate.htm <<<<this is the link fo the IQ Test!

http://www.highiqsociety.org/common/.../ultrahigh.htm <<<<this is the test for expetional intelligence ( :eek: OMG!!! if you survive this i'll bow my head down at your feet) ill be very surprised if any of you get one question right!

ReputationRep:
    Umm...Anyone who pays £60 so that they can be sure in the knowledge that they are clever...Is ****ing dumb.

ReputationRep:
    lol u think i paid....hmmmm...doesn't say anything about me paying now does it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Umm...Anyone who pays £60 so that they can be sure in the knowledge that they are clever...Is ****ing dumb.
    I tell Raph he's clever all the time and he's never paid me anything... :rolleyes:

... not even a compliment :bawling:

God I'm a mug - who do I send my £60 to then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Dude I said 'anyone' - how does that relate specifically to you? Are you sure they calculated your score correctly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Dude I said 'anyone' - how does that relate specifically to you? Are you sure they calculated your score correctly?
    I had a look at the ultrahard or whatever it's called - lousy questions - one of them relies on Brianchon's Theorem - yet these things are supposed to relate to natural wit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    I had a look at the ultrahard or whatever it's called - lousy questions - one of them relies on Brianchon's Theorem - yet these things are supposed to relate to natural wit :rolleyes:
    lol exactly, you're not meant to be able to improve your IQ...And I always thought it was because maths grads were clever that they scored highly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    LOOK! lets start fresh! yeh maybe one of dems lousy! just give it a go if you think the question is lousy see what you get in this lousy test! and Raphael god knows if they calculated it propely but just give it a go see if you can manage to score at all. BTW I HAVE NOT PAID! Its just out of interest to see how you find it!! You think im an idiot? (dont answer that one, you probably already think I am!)

And remember people honesty is the key here...yes honesty

ReputationRep:
    The only IQ tests that have any credibility whatsoever are ones done by either psychologists/analysts or Mensa....oh yeah, the "International High IQ Society"?!?! If you're really into that sort of thing, (try to) join Mensa.

These internet ones are just money-spinners; they're hardly going to let you fail a test (that they write/mark) if you can pay them £60 when you pass it, are they! A friend and I were messing around on one a few years ago (very lame I know), we did it the first time and got something rediculous like 150, then did it again, reversed all the answers and *somehow* still managed 140!!!! Incredible huh?!

ReputationRep:
    sorry, that didnt mean to sound all......mean!

ReputationRep:
    I got 212 once.

You shouldn't use internet-based IQ tests.

ReputationRep:
    lol! just do it see what you get and im telling you that i know these test have no credbility but give a go, see what you even if it is wrong! I just stumbled across it, its actually mentioned on the Mensa website which may give it some credibility, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S. Tham)
    its actually mentioned on the Mensa website which may give it some credibility, don't you think?
    No.
    What does this have to do with Oxbridge, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be dumb than doing that test.

ReputationRep:
    A cheaper option would involve buying a mirror and a box of Kleenex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I'd rather be dumb than doing that test.
    I'd rather be marked dumb than doing that test.

<Camford: thanks for the original idea >

ReputationRep:
    With an answer of "willy" to every question, or a random click, you can get 99... which means it's complete crap.

ReputationRep:
    The high IQ test there looks pretty suspect. If you want to take a high IQ test, this one's regarded as one of the few that can claim to be pretty accurate (and used by various societies): http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/titan.html

The Mega Test was better, IMHO, but that was taken down a while ago, and I can't seem to find my copy.

High IQ tests suffer from one of two problems - either it's an IQ test at the top end of it's range, and thus less accurate, or it's a test that's almost impossible to norm and be objective. The Mega/Titan/Ultra tests are about the closest I've seen, and have quite a significant amount of data about their scores details in the "norming" sections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    who do I send my £60 to then? :confused:
    if you want to get rid of that feeling of being morally bankrupt...i could do that for £60...just send it over to Exeter for me...

ReputationRep:
    iq tests don't work, they're deterministic.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.