Turn on thread page Beta

Who would be in your dream band? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this thread has been made before, but I've occassionally caught myself putting together the best band imaginable...

Well, here's mine, just to get the thread started

Lead Singer: Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) (although I do love Eddie Vedder)
    Guitar 1: Slash (GnR, Velvet Revolver)
    Guitar 2: Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
    Bass: Flea (RHCP)
    Drums: John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

It looks a bit like 'Led Zeppelin and friends' now that I look at it again... oh well, no one can doubt how good they are

ReputationRep:
    Lead Singer: Mark 'E' Everett, Eels
    Guitar 1: Thom Yorke, Radiohead
    Guitar 2: Neil Hannon, Divine Comedy
    Bass: Peter Hook, New Order
    Drums: Keith Moon, the Who
    Keyboards: Ben Folds

ReputationRep:
    Owen Pallett...on his own...playing Violin with his clever loopy thingies...

(kinda obsessed with the Final Fantasy album at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    Lead Vocals : Vedder or Rose or Cobain - can't decide
    Guitar 1 : Slash
    Guitar 2 : John Frusciante
    Bass : Flea
    Drums : Dave Grohl

Of course I know there are kickass older artists - zakk wylde, paige, hendrix, van halen, richards, angus young, etc and all them older guys that could and probably should be included but im 21 and wanted to pick a group from my own time rather than one's that i wasn't alive to experience the first time round.

Of course this is all expecting them to fit right with each other. Because picking your dream band and then one that would all fit together are two different things.

Wierdest thing is I am neither a major RHCP or GnR fan. Well maybe Guns

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be a raving homo, but there is already a thread for this (http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t116712.html). Word everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Jim Adkins (lead from Jimmy eat world) singing a duet with the Gerad Way(lead from My Chemical romance) maybe of Brown eyed girl or queens dodn't stop me now or even build me up buttercup i don't mind . Gerad playing a triangle and Jim strumming an elastic band/shoe box guitar now that would be amazing I'd pay to see that (coz they are both so fit swwooooooooon)

ReputationRep:
    Vocals: Ian Gillan (Deep Purple)
    Lead Guitar: Eric Clapton
    Rhythm Guitar: Keith Townsend (The Who)
    Bass: Lemmy :thrasher:
    Keyboard: Jon Lord (Deep Purple)
    Drums: Jon Bonham (Led Zep)

why would you even have tom yorke on first guitar? he hardly plays and when he does its just backing - why not go for jonny greenwood who would add some real power to the band?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silhouette)
    Sorry to be a raving homo, but there is already a thread for this (http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t116712.html). Word everyone!
    Oops I knew it was too unlikely for this kind of thread to not have been posted somewhere else on TSR

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.