Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is my first post so I'm going to try and make it count.

I joined about a week ago and have been learning about the forum since then. These are the observations I have made that everyone is too afraid to state:

This is indeed the cliquiest forum I have ever seen.

Wild Thing appears to be the Queen Bee because she is in almost everyone's signature. However, this is because she whines when not placed in even the most obscure sig. And she promises rep but hardly gives it out.

2 + 2 = 5 (i like the Orwellian name) is bound to join the Freemasons one day as he respects his superiors (this 'd') and bashes the new ones.

Black Hawk hunts newbies and eats them for breakfast.

True, genuine members include izzy hattie, feefifofum, flukey lpk and several others.

lastly, newbies are often the most despised group, even though most times they are often the nicest - probably because they have to work so hard to get into other people's sigs.

If any of this seems harsh, just pretend it was in someone's signature :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teacup)

I joined about a week ago and have been learning about the forum since then. These are the observations I have made that everyone is too afraid to state:

Wild Thing appears to be the Queen Bee because she is in almost everyone's signature. However, this is because she whines when not placed in even the most obscure sig. And she promises rep but hardly gives it out.

2 + 2 = 5 (i like the Orwellian name) is bound to join the Freemasons one day as he respects his superiors (this 'd') and bashes the new ones.

True, genuine members include izzy hattie, feefifofum, flukey lpk and several others.

lastly, newbies are often the most despised group, even though most times they are often the nicest - probably because they have to work so hard to get into other people's sigs.

...welcome to TSR chum!

ReputationRep:
    Your observations clearly don't stretch further than GC. Outside of GC, it's much less cliquier.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    jesus! thank god i came off ok.. :rolleyes:

*passes cash to teacup*

well, with an entry like that, i'm guessing you are going to be an interesting new member.... welcome to TSR.

Are you local?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They're called footers

ReputationRep:
    Nice entrance. You'll be shunned by the cliques you've offended, but welcomed by most of us.

I thought your observations of General Chat were very astute, but bear in mind that the forum does extend past GC. We have forums such as D&D where the cliques become typical left and right wing factions instead...with a few nutters thrown in (not naming any names).

Welcome anyway, although I have the feeling that you don't want to stick around.

ReputationRep:
    What about me??

Any observations?? This thread ROCKS BTW!!

best post by a newbie... EVER!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL - I love it.

Damn, I wish I tried harder with my first post.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    What about me??

Any observations?? This thread ROCKS BTW!!

best post by a newbie... EVER!!
    I concur.

A bold post indeed.

I think my first post was the typical 'OMG liek how 2 do teh maths queston PLZ?!' type.

(exaggerated of course :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilderberry)
    LOL - I love it.

Damn, I wish I tried harder with my first post.......
    Me too...

well we can't all be Mr Conterversial.... though it would be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teacup)

:rofl: Well observed! You're the one who PMd me asking if I was called Jen weren't you? That amused me SOOOO much!

You called me genuine too! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    I concur.

A bold post indeed.

I think my first post was the typical 'OMG liek how 2 do teh maths queston PLZ?!' type.(exaggerated of course :rolleyes:
    i should bloody hope not! :p:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Newbies aren't hated, only idiots are.

Welcome to TSR, good post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    Me too...

well we can't all me Mr Conterversial.... though it would be fun!
    Twould also be boring, cliched and unexciting - so I'll slowly make an impression instead of the bomb-in-the-midst tactic displayed by Teacup.

Brava!

ReputationRep:
    Yes very well observed however I must defend wild_thing, she's lovely and to be honest rep (to me at least) isn't that big a deal. Outside GC it is a lot less cliquey, but you do get the occasioal idiot who tries their best to offend anyone and everyone.

I've said this before but the whole forum is essentially a microcosm of the average school/university - you have the cliques, the generally nice people who don't offend anyone, those who you see around but don't really speak to, the bullies, the people you don't mess with, and the newbies who come and go so fast yuo can't keep up.(and people who you didn't even know existed but somehow have more posts than you :rolleyes: ) This could be seen as a reflection of today's society and would be a brilliant subject for a psychology experiment... Maybe it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    i should bloody hope not! :p:
    It's true. At least I posted it in the right forum though. :p:

I found the evidence!

Will's first post...

I'm surprised at how thorough it was, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Yes very well observed however I must defend wild_thing, she's lovely and to be honest rep (to me at least) isn't that big a deal. Outside GC it is a lot less cliquey, but you do get the occasioal idiot who tries their best to offend anyone and everyone.

I've said this before but the whole forum is essentially a microcosm of the average school/university - you have the cliques, the generally nice people who don't offend anyone, those who you see around but don't really speak to, the bullies, the people you don't mess with, and the newbies who come and go so fast yuo can't keep up.(and people who you didn't even know existed but somehow have more posts than you :rolleyes: ) This could be seen as a reflection of today's society and would be a brilliant subject for a psychology experiment... Maybe it is...
    gotta ditto that,she's a sweetie and i think you were a little harsh... once you get to know her you will realise that the judgement was wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    It's true. At least I posted it in the right forum though. :P
    not text speak! :eek: :eek:

*keels over*

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.