oh yeh i gt a 4th as at a B lol
Reply 102
Sunny1171

ya, he got

AABB

apply kings :yep:
Reply 103
i'm gonna be the first realist in this thread and i'm not gonna lie, your gcses are **** for someone who is a prospective medic :sadnod:

not saying you don't have a chance, but you should really work on getting your PS to be better than just 'pretty good'

also my friend who's applying medicine is being really unhelpful and just saying that your UKCAT score is 'above average' which doesn't help me to know whether it's really good or not, so not sure i can comment on that :no:
I don't know about Medicine, but I'm off to Cambridge to do PPS on the 3rd. I got similar GCSEs as you, 2A*s, 5As, 3B's and a C.
Nfixlol
i'm gonna be the first realist in this thread and i'm not gonna lie, your gcses are **** for someone who is a prospective medic :sadnod:

not saying you don't have a chance, but you should really work on getting your PS to be better than just 'pretty good'

also my friend who's applying medicine is being really unhelpful and just saying that your UKCAT score is 'above average' which doesn't help me to know whether it's really good or not, so not sure i can comment on that :no:

lol that cut me deep.

1.do you even wanna study medicine?
2.gcses dont mean much
3.my ps is very good as it says at the top
4.my ukcat is just above average. It was my ukcat+gcses why created this thread.

5. I AM DETERMINED!!!:eek3:
Now, please can someone help me :frown:
Reply 107
Sunny1171
lol that cut me deep.

1.do you even wanna study medicine?
2.gcses dont mean much
3.my ps is very good as it says at the top
4.my ukcat is just above average. It was my ukcat+gcses why created this thread.

5. I AM DETERMINED!!!:eek3:

1. no
2. more often than not for medicine, they do
3. you said 'pretty good'
4. just above average doesn't sound especially good. ideally you would wanna knock this paper out the park to make up for bad gcses, but i dunno like you pointed out i'm not a prospective medic, maybe i'm chatting ****
Sunny1171

ahh kool! :biggrin:

got scared for a sec :p:
Barts is the place to be :wink:
Reply 110
Just want to post a quick question, so do kings look hard at GCSEs then, my are 3A*,4A,2B,C.....thanks any chance, looking at the GCSE alone....UKCAT 695....
FFCrusader
Barts is the place to be :wink:

oooo a barts medic!

do you think i stand a chance with a good ps? or will i get cut off for ukcat :frown:

are my gcse's ok? :eek:

Thankss
DR_X
Just want to post a quick question, so do kings look hard at GCSEs then, my are 3A*,4A,2B,C.....thanks any chance, looking at the GCSE alone....UKCAT 695....

Not sure. I've asked so many people this question but...

They state in their online prospectus thing that they only require B's.
After looking at all of the tsr applicant profiles for those that got accepted into kings, most of them got very good gcse's...

your UKCAT score is good. you should be fine with a good ps.
Reply 113
Sunny1171
Not sure. I've asked so many people this question but...

They state in their online prospectus thing that they only require B's.
After looking at all of the tsr applicant profiles for those that got accepted into kings, most of them got very good gcse's...

your UKCAT score is good. you should be fine with a good ps.

Where do you find out.....
Nfixlol
1. no
2. more often than not for medicine, they do
3. you said 'pretty good'
4. just above average doesn't sound especially good. ideally you would wanna knock this paper out the park to make up for bad gcses, but i dunno like you pointed out i'm not a prospective medic, maybe i'm chatting ****

Yup, you're chatting absolute ****! GCSE's aren't the be-all and end-all in a medical app. As long as you meet the entry requirements, which are specified on the website, you'll be fine!
DR_X
Where do you find out.....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511&page=4

Scroll down half way dowmn the page. Hygeia has listed all the uni's and successful applicants.

Just click on the applicant to see their profile :rolleyes:
FutureMedic!
Yup, you're chatting absolute ****! GCSE's aren't the be-all and end-all in a medical app. As long as you meet the entry requirements, which are specified on the website, you'll be fine!

Not true at all really... Getting academic grades above the entry requirements can often put you at an advantage, as, after all, universities are interested in your academics.
Sunny1171
oooo a barts medic!

do you think i stand a chance with a good ps? or will i get cut off for ukcat :frown:

are my gcse's ok? :eek:

Thankss

Their cut-off last year was 612.5, so it's unlikely to rise by much. Sorry, I don't know your UKCAT and GCSEs so can't comment on that...
What percentage of applicants applying to London med schools tend to have straight A*/A at GCSE?
Reply 119
FutureMedic!

they may not be, but i'm given to understand that something like 50% of all medicine applicants get rejected by all 4 of their choices despite having academics higher than required, so whether or not gcses are the 'be-all and end-all' i don't know, but i do know that they matter, if only a little bit, and 4 Bs at gcse doesn't exactly scream "i'm very clever and would make a great doctor!" :no: (not saying straight A*s would imply that said applicant is a genius and would make the best doctor ever, either)

Latest

Trending

Trending