Erk, 404 Error.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Fox)
That just might work...

I'm not set entirely on getting into Oxbridge though, I'd be perfectly happy studying Economics/Law at LSE, UCL or KCL. Oh shizzle, they're all bloody hard to get into.
same thing with these unis. They are very competitive and hard to get into.You'd need good grades for them as well. I dont think Photoshop will show you as an outstanding student. It will just waste your time. Getting good grades and reading broadsheets and magazines like Economist will help you. Btw I am also thinking of studying Economics. Economics at LSE and UCL is very very very competitive. They are the best unis after Cambridge.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Fox)
Erk, 404 Error.
oops soory lemme find it again
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Destroy my hopes why don't you?!!!!

Yeah, I'll do some serious reading over Summer.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
here it is

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...ed-subheading2
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, did I? I am just trying to give you advise. lol, you are funny. You have got loads of time till uni application, like 1.5 year. Relax, take your time, dont think of it too early
Blur303
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah they're my predicted grades apart from drama which I did 2 years ago.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
revelant stuf is under A-level subjects, its there amongst loads of writing, lol
InTeRRoGaToR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well if u think about it....some of the more popular universities have loadsa applicants sometimes about 1000 applicants for 300 spaces....alot of the applicants are grammar school students who have practise at interviews within their schools and always therefore do good in em. Also there'll be approx 800 who get AAA maybe which means that theres still too many applicants that have had good interviews and good A levels......so they obviously have to go back and differenciate between applicants thru gcse's.......so theres ur answer....gcse's matter alot....
and zhivago who said about birmingham wantin a 5A* minimum for people to get into some of their courses ........thats absolutely true
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yep agree except with grammar school practise, i'm only speaking for 3grammar schools but King Edward VI Aston, Handsworth, Five Ways,(top three in brum) do not have practice interviews
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the most important thing is interview. On interview, be it any Uni, they will ask questions based on ur subject. GCSEs wont matter either. They wont just give an offer for a candidate with 11A*s instead of a candidate with 5A*s. They will judge you upon your interview performance.
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mtbab look at this thread again on this page.....ur last 2 posts both say 610 posts for u in total
DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!
i am sure 610 + 1 = 611
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
but also remember that some uni's do not interview any candidates at all, for example Northumbria dont really interview, (btw wicked uni, but still slightly undiscovered by bigwigs ,they have some courses uniquely availabel to them such as Law Exempting, meaning you can just carry on to do your LPC or Bar Exams straight through, the only uni to offer this course)
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they all go up in total, look at your first post it will now say posts:159
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
birmingham wantin a 5A* minimum for people to get into some of their courses ........thats absolutely true
Actually it's not true, seeing as my sister goes to Birmingham and only got 3 A*'s. Also she previously went to Oxford with the same 3 A* at GSCE, and before that she went to LSE so i really dont see there relivance. In the end top universitys, want not just the grades but the intelligence behind them.
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh i get it
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its depends on the courses though, if you wanna do Law it will be a different story than if your doing a less compet. geography e.g

also 'tho one' what did ya sis do at each other, was she progressing as in undergrad then masters etc..
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by InTeRRoGaToR)
oh i get it
lol good, nice to know i helped, i would have given you rep for that mad post, but i gave out on already, lol
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LSE- Undergrad
Oxford - Masters
Birmingham - PhD

Yea, i agree though the most popular courses will be harder to get into
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey if you thinking of doing a generally comp, course these are the top universites, Russell Group Uni's, in the country, much like America's Ivy League Universities

http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/index1.html
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads