Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    REM didnt play losing my religion.

*******s

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish BBC, I don't want to see fearn cotton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    I Love that song.. Its so emotional. Aah.
    Seeing as an estimated 5 billion should be watching, If they all went to Africa to witness the poverty firsthand. It may get a little more overcrowded.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh they are still playing. I see now.

ReputationRep:
    What's that blue mess over his eyes? Weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    The horrible truth is that Afrika's poverty will probably never be countered.

I mean god, my family was kicked out of Nigeria and forced to surrender five sapphire mines becuase the government didnt like the idea of us taking so much out of Nigeria, the truth was that my grandfather was a very benevolent man and tried to help his workers. Truth is the government dont want the people helped.

And thats only Nigeria to begin with!

Even if they do end the debt there will still be corruption.

ReputationRep:
    i think it looks pretty cool. his dancing is horrific though.

ReputationRep:
    Well since you have witnessed it first hand then you obviously undertsand it way more than I do, but do you not think that people trying to stop the corruption and relieve the financial troubles is a really good thing?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I hope they play losing my religion. Brilliant song.. If they dont, then we'll get them. Apparently Paul Mcartneys going to end with Hey Jude.. I love it.

"Live8 aims to rally support for poverty-striken nations"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doragas)
    DJK_99 i agree with you, and i feel that live 8 is great, but if the g8 does allow more debt relief and remove trade restrictions, which i greatly hope they do, this must only be done if the countries whose governments will co-operate. I do not feel that the other countries in africa, for example Zimbabwe, even with the horrific suffering should be allowed debt relief because the government will use it for more corruption. Live 8 and the g8 have to work in accordance with countries who want to change, you can only help those who want help.
    Amen to that. That is exactly the point I am trying to make (obviously in a very long winded way, you did a great summary!). And I really feel v v v v strongly about that, and by supporting Live8, I feel I am adding to the pressure put on the G8 to fulfil this. The only thing we can do is to make our voice heard to the G8 people, because they hold the power to make the real difference.

ReputationRep:
    in the whole hype of live 8, i havent heard one person talking about trying to stop corruption in african countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    Well since you have witnessed it first hand then you obviously undertsand it way more than I do, but do you not think that people trying to stop the corruption and relieve the financial troubles is a really good thing?

I dont think giving false hope is fair. Not fair at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djk_99)
    Amen to that. That is exactly the point I am trying to make (obviously in a very long winded way, you did a great summary!). And I really feel v v v v strongly about that, and by supporting Live8, I feel I am adding to the pressure put on the G8 to fulfil this. The only thing we can do is to make our voice heard to the G8 people, because they hold the power to make the real difference.
    :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I dont think giving false hope is fair. Not fair at all.
    Thats a fair point, but i still feel that its worth the effort - attempting to give hope is surely better than giving none at all?

ReputationRep:
    there's rep to give here I feel *makes a rep list*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doragas)
    in the whole hype of live 8, i havent heard one person talking about trying to stop corruption in african countries.
    Bob Geldof was talking about it before the concert started, in Jonathan Ross' bubble (which incidentally is wicked cool, and Jonathan Ross is the BEST person to present this lol)

ReputationRep:
    God is Ricky Gervais pissed already????? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    there's rep to give here I feel *makes a rep list*
    Thats what Im having to do!! LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Not when its the same sort of thing the UN has tried to aleviate in the past with devistating consequences.

As I said, you cant solve this thing, its way beyond repair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven4723)
    Thats a fair point, but i still feel that its worth the effort - attempting to give hope is surely better than giving none at all?
    But wtf is the point, all this effort could be chanelled into making a difference in the hope of changing the majority of African countries into free, fair, democracys.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.