Turn on thread page Beta

Live 8 - The Definitive Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    Yay I love Keane. He does look like a hobbit though.

ReputationRep:
    US one starts at 9:50pm until 3:35am

ReputationRep:
    So whos signing the List?

Heres the Link - http://www.live8live.com/list/

ReputationRep:
    Keane were Amazinnggg! this is the greatest thing i've ever seen on television. hand me another beer please!

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant concert! And I def agree, the Killers need more than one song! Thats just rude. I could listen to their whole album lol. I cant believe I have to go out tonight and miss the end of it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah are they? i really wanna see Placebo in Paris, are they gonna show it at any point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)

I signed the list this morning - I think I'm gonna have 2 persuade more people to do so...

ReputationRep:
    Franz ferdinand in the background

ReputationRep:

I have. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i've signed it 4 me an devery memeber of my family!

ReputationRep:
    Franz ferdinand in the background

oh god no!

ReputationRep:
    Heres the Paris times Concert Times

1500-2315 French time
    (1300-2115 GMT)

TV broacast from 17:40 so You should see some Paris concert footage.

ReputationRep:
    keane pushing phonics for best so far... live8 organisers are supposed to be getting fined 350k for each hour they have after 9.30. why is snoop dog even considered for this? lol, glad i'm going to oasis tommorrow and not today...

ReputationRep:

i've seen me on the screen! or at least someone with my name...

ReputationRep:
    well i signes the live8live.com petition. I cant believe that they pulled off something so big!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    i've seen me on the screen! or at least someone with my name...
    Wahey, Good for you

Or Wait has someone stolen your name.. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    i think that people are getting there hopes up a bit too much. this concert is not going to stop poverty overnight. poverty will not stop overnight and besides poverty is not only in africa even in the most powerful countries like britain and the US, people live on the streets bathing in trafalger square fountains. also i don't think it is that simple to stop poverty in africa. there is alot of corruption in the goverments and countries like nigeria can actually pay their debt and they handle their payments fine so its not very country. also another issue which will be hard to tackle is the aids epidemic. its not that people are sleeping around that they catch aids. its gotten far beyond that point and people are now just automatically born with aids. now hoe are you meant to stop people being born with aids? you can's just sterilise the millions of people that has it. as a native african and a regular visiter to the country i have seen the conditions first hand i know that some celebs will probably snap their fingers and not think twice about what they are snapping the fingers about. the will go back to making their millions of pounds for pretending to be someone else for 90 minutes which can go to better causes. the handling of the money needs to be better organised. the fact the we have to do another live aid or live 8 tells us that something is not quite right and the fact that after 20 years since live aid more people are dying in africa than ever despite the money from live aid, comic relief, red cross, oxfam and these are only a few money raising efforts. the money pumped into africa im sure could have paid of the debts or larged parts of it yet africa are in the worst economical postion ever. poverty will take decades to eradicate however i do find it inspiring that people are at least trying to do something about. also i do not feel bob geldof is a hero nor does he. there are thousands of people through the 20 year period actually going to africa and working to death to try and help these unfortunate people. the only difference is, is that they are not celebreties also they do not have millions of pounds in the bank. instead they take with them just the clothes on their back and go out with no source of income trying to help these people. those in my mind are the real heroes. its funny how these artists snap their fingers on a white screen but yet but a 10 carat diamond that 5 year olds in sierra leone had died for trying to dig for them. its funny how they complain about not enough money being given to africa but yet still except the 10's of million pounds they had just been given for their albub or movie.

ReputationRep:
    Hey This is cute, Showing all the different locations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    keane pushing phonics for best so far... live8 organisers are supposed to be getting fined 350k for each hour they have after 9.30. why is snoop dog even considered for this? lol, glad i'm going to oasis tommorrow and not today...

i cant belive that OASSIS wud't pull out of mancheter today in order to play live 8 selfish *****s! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    When is Stevie Wonder on tonight?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.