Turn on thread page Beta

Live 8 - The Definitive Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    please dont take away my hope

ReputationRep:
    i have tickets hehehehehhe i love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i've got a feeling that's gonna be more of a technical glitch backup time. I reckon most of the tickets have already been allocated by now!
    :mad: DO NOT deprieve PEOPLE OF HOPE...so cruel I say..so cruel... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone just get a blank message when they txtd the number?

ReputationRep:
    I got tickets! Am so happy and I only texted in once!

ReputationRep:
    Geldof! Ure! A plague on both your houses!

ReputationRep:
    omg and now i'm even MORE upset....turns out there were only 2million texts (lol they got 1.5million in the first 9 hours...then only half a million after that!). I thought my odds were much smaller...so if I havent won then I'm much upset!

ReputationRep:
    so if you send in 1 text you have approx 1/27 of a chance of getting a ticket (working on the basis of 2 million votes and 150,000 tickets (i.e. 75,00 pairs) woo go me n maths.. what non calc been and gone? boloxs.... lol its acutally better odds than i thought. last i looked tickets were going for 500 pounds a pair on ebay!!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...539511682&rd=1

eh? I know people may be desperate to go to live 8 but .... surely not that desperate?

ReputationRep:
    damn... haven't got a text and sent in about 15!!!!
    grrrr.... life is so unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...539511682&rd=1

eh? I know people may be desperate to go to live 8 but .... surely not that desperate?
    I'm guessing someones decided to bid stupid amounts on lots of the auctions and then not pay to try and stop people selling them

ReputationRep:
    I read that although eBay are ok with people trying to sell Live8 tickets, Live8 itself would get it's lawyers to take action against anyone trying to seel some tickets....

Also, those bidders for the tickets are all newbies with feedback of 5 or less.. some of it not good either.

ReputationRep:
    aren't people legally bound to pay however much they bid on ebay. haha hope so serve them right - no-ones ripping off the charity, the people selling their tickets paid exactly the same as every1 else. If it were true surely geldolf should be asking all other ticket holders to make a donation. They are loser hippies who might just be very broke loser hippies soon. hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    o yea plus its not illegal to sell on charity tickets

ReputationRep:
    might not be illegal, but it's still f*cking low.

ReputationRep:
    i know it is - I was just commenting on "Live8 itself would get it's lawyers to take action against anyone trying to seel some tickets...." - they wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest. These people selling tickets are just filling a demand - if people want to pay ridiculous amounts for tickets, why shouldn't they be allowed? This was bound to happen with tickets being given out for next to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest. These people selling tickets are just filling a demand - if people want to pay ridiculous amounts for tickets, why shouldn't they be allowed? This was bound to happen with tickets being given out for next to nothing.
    Yes I agree - the people who are wiling to buy these tickets are the ones who people should criticise, if any.

People selling the tickets aren't doing anything wrong... it's their choice and if people want to buy them, that is also their choice. Maybe the organisers should have thought about this before and decided to sell the tickets for £25 with names on or something - this controversy was always bound to happen with a ticket lottery.

Anyway, on a different note, Capital FM has just announced that winners wil now be notified by text by THURSDAY, not WEDNESDAY. I've no idea why, but that's an extra day of hope at least! x

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooooo!! God, I've just won a pair! (Of tickets, that is.) I got the text about an hour ago... looks like therre's still hope, everyone! Don't give up yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Theres still hope. Got mine bout an hour ago. I only texted once as well. Now have to decide who to take. Tricky. I looked at the odds and liked 1/30 ish chance. That's why i entered.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.