Turn on thread page Beta

Live 8 - The Definitive Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    Take Me!

EDIT: Sexual Favours!! take me!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My mate just a got a txt to his phone saying he'd won some too. What's going on? Why have they waited until now to send txts? Bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest. These people selling tickets are just filling a demand - if people want to pay ridiculous amounts for tickets, why shouldn't they be allowed? This was bound to happen with tickets being given out for next to nothing.
    cmon guys stop being so liberal about this. The whole idea of this concert is to attack the selfishness of the world. The tickets have been given away for free to stage a mass gathering and march before the g8 meeting. Its such a great cause, the fundamental problem with selling on tickets is that the money is just going to be spent on some touts new clothes or a second hand car, when theres people dieing in africa because they dont even have access to a decent water supply. The live8 organisers should have spent time to devise an identification process that would prevent the reselling of tickets in the black market.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going!! My brother won tickets

And note: Babyshambles will not give anyone sexual favours... not unless he wants me to castrate him with a fork for cheating on me! :p: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still so annoyed. Em + I had a pact to take each other if either of us got tickets. She got tickets. Her boyfriend read the message. She's taking him instead. B*llocks

ReputationRep:
    Omfg Please Let Me Get A Text Ffs Please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    And note: Babyshambles will not give anyone sexual favours... not unless he wants me to castrate him with a fork for cheating on me! :p: :mad:
    but...but...Live8!!! *sobs*

ReputationRep:
    I got one too!!! so excited... now for choosing who I'm taking..

ReputationRep:
    me!! me!!!

my offer of Sexual favours stands! just don't tell F. Poste! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'VE WON!!!!!!!!
    i'm so happy
    just when i'd given up hope
    i get the text hurrah

ReputationRep:
    take me!!!! see above for the perks of taking mr babyshambles to live8!

ReputationRep:
    It's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the Golden Tickets, but Willy Wonka is way cooler than Bob Geldof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    me!! me!!!

my offer of Sexual favours stands! just don't tell F. Poste! :p:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:
    but...live8!!!!

*whines*

ReputationRep:
    but...live8!!!!

*whines*
    Well... if you're allowed to give sexual favours for live8 tickets, that means I'm allowed to cheat on YOU too!

ReputationRep:
    Well... if you're allowed to give sexual favours for live8 tickets, that means I'm allowed to cheat on YOU too!
    but i wouldn't be cheating on you! meerly, working for live8 tickets!

TOTALLY different!

and i don't like that big grinning smiley next to you saying you could cheat on me!!

ReputationRep:
    i don't quite get the big deal about this. Goto any half decent music festival and you get much better bands and the good ones (ie glastonbury) give loads of money to charity anyway.

On the list of acts there are about 3 i would actually pay money to see most of the others are just ageing rockers who even my parents would be ashamed to say they like. They probably won't play full sets anyway and after each one they'll make some vomit inducing plea to save some africans when you know that they don't really give a s**t its just good for their image.

Don't even get me started on going to a city to watch it on a screen, who in their right mind enjoys watching other people have fun.

Oh and damon albarns right, all stuff like live8 does is increase the 'us and them' divide there are loads of really sucessful african musicians at the moment like Youssou N'Dour and Orchestra Baobab they're equally as successful as indie wanabe's like snow patrol and razorlight and their music is certainly alot better. African music has had a massive influence on pop over the years and yet live8 doesn't feel the need for one remotely african act.

*rant over*

ReputationRep:
    but Macca's there! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ca
    but Macca's there! :eek:
    t'is true. but i've already seen him and i'm not a great beatles fan anyway.

my three bands would be coldplay, Pink floyd and REM but the cost of the train ticket to london is about £40 return which seems like a bit of a rip off to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    i don't quite get the big deal about this. Goto any half decent music festival and you get much better bands and the good ones (ie glastonbury) give loads of money to charity anyway.

On the list of acts there are about 3 i would actually pay money to see most of the others are just ageing rockers who even my parents would be ashamed to say they like. They probably won't play full sets anyway and after each one they'll make some vomit inducing plea to save some africans when you know that they don't really give a s**t its just good for their image.
    but if you're already in london, ie no train fare.. and the tickets are free! you can't beat that. I know I won't like a lot of the bands performing but it's just the atmosphere etc..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.