Turn on thread page Beta

Live 8 - The Definitive Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    ca
    my three bands would be coldplay, Pink floyd and REM but the cost of the train ticket to london is about £40 return which seems like a bit of a rip off to me.
    www.Megabus.co.uk

Cost me two quid return to London. Down on Friday night, back on Sunday morning, staying at my mate's nan's. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    :'( I want to go so much. And im willing to pay for tickets. But i doubt anyone would sell. I already spent 15 quid, on sending texts in. But i really want to treat mysekf after my exams....So, if anyone cant go. Im here, willing to pay

ReputationRep:
    Is their an age restriction on how old you have to be to get into the concert?

Does anyone know?

I doubt there would be. It's a gig.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be 16. Unlucky. Such a shame for the tickets to go to waste. Tell you what... PM me with the details for your tickets.

ReputationRep:
    *estimates chances of winning ticket by text competition*.......not looking good. lol. i want to see muse play if i can, they might play some new songs?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, and do you know where we can get a list of everybody that's playing at Live 8? I was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair in the Golden Circle!!

You can see whos playing at www.live8live.com

ReputationRep:
    I AM!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! I can't believe I won tickets - I'm going to see all of my favourite bands (Coldplay, Keane, Muse, Killers, Razorlight, Snow Patrol) for under a fiver! I'm really sorry to anyone who didn't get tickets and please don't think I'm rubbing it in (I know it will feel like that!)
    Anyone else want to shout excitedly (or angrily!)?

ReputationRep:
    I AM
    WOOOO I'm so excited!!
    lol btw I see you're from Gloucestershire [me too!].. random, sorry

(Original post by Chocolatefudge)
    I AM!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! I can't believe I won tickets - I'm going to see all of my favourite bands (Coldplay, Keane, Muse, Killers, Razorlight, Snow Patrol) for under a fiver! I'm really sorry to anyone who didn't get tickets and please don't think I'm rubbing it in (I know it will feel like that!)
    Anyone else want to shout excitedly (or angrily!)?
    try the entertainment sub forum

ReputationRep:
    The lineup dosen't impress me. I'd much rather win a Reading ticket

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see Oasis instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    I'm going to see Oasis instead
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    wow congrats
    im not going unfortuanatley..i relli want 2 go to glastonbury this weekend but cant!
    UGH

ReputationRep:
    lol not going, didn't even try because living in Ireland I wouldn't have had time or cash to get there and **** because I'm going to Oxegen in Kildare in mid-july - which has Razorlight, Keane, the Killers, the Kaiser Chiefs, Greenday - so I'm happy enough. Nevertheless, come Live 8 I will be watching on t.v. and will be getting completely hammered.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Live8!! Can't wait!

I didn't get tickets myself but my friend did and she has offered me the other one! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    :ditto:
    When are you going to see them and where? I'm soooooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    Weee ye I'm goin. Hardly ever been to a music concert so this should be real fun. SO many bands I can't wait to see. Especially Coldplay and the Killers!

ReputationRep:
    I went to see Greenday the other day....FOR FREE!!!!!! I do this thing with millenium volunteers which means I have to marshall before and after the event for a wee bit, but I can get into the concert free! I can do oasis and eminem i think but i'm not sure if i will :rolleyes: :party: greenday were fabulous!

Congratualtions to the live8 winners :p:

xxx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.