Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrispyDuck)
    I went to see Greenday the other day....FOR FREE!!!!!! I do this thing with millenium volunteers which means I have to marshall before and after the event for a wee bit, but I can get into the concert free! I can do oasis and eminem i think but i'm not sure if i will :rolleyes: :party: greenday were fabulous!

Congratualtions to the live8 winners :p:

xxx
    When I did MV I never got free gigs! *jealous*

ReputationRep:
    I got tickets but the only reason i wanted to go is cos the cure are playing, and now they and muse have moved to paris! Im sooooo disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzyfish)
    I got tickets but the only reason i wanted to go is cos the cure are playing, and now they and muse have moved to paris! Im sooooo disappointed!
    i'll have your ticket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langleyster)
    I have a pair in the Golden Circle!!

You can see whos playing at www.live8live.com
    how did you get golden circle tickets ??

has anyone received their tickets in the post yet (live8 in hyde park) ?

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't got my tickets yet... they ought to be here by now they said 7 days and it been 9.
    I didn't know Muse had moved to Paris! that's so annoying I really wanted to see them, but never mind I'm still lucky to be seeing the others... as long as no-one else moves!

ReputationRep:
    OOOOh, they're here!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolatefudge)
    OOOOh, they're here!!!
    same here

ReputationRep:
    New concert announced in Tokyo, Japan

The Japanese event at a conference centre near Tokyo was only added to the list of Live8 charity concerts in mid-June, and other acts may be confirmed later, a spokeswoman said.
    Artists confirmed to be playing;

* Bjork
    * Def Tech
    * Dreams Come True
    * Good Charlotte
    * McFly
    * Rize

< more info >

ReputationRep:
    Oooh my brother decided not to go, so I have two tickets and I'm taking my boyfriend.. who is Babyshambles, so he'll stop harrassing you all for tickets now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Oooh my brother decided not to go, so I have two tickets and I'm taking my boyfriend.. who is Babyshambles, so he'll stop harrassing you all for tickets now :p:
    so i guess you get all the sexual favours then!!

the rest of you missed out! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    so i guess you get all the sexual favours then!!

the rest of you missed out! :p:
    I got all the sexual favours then anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    just stumbled across this

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....648547,00.html

VIP tickets for the Hyde Park Africa awareness concert are already being sold for up to £400 through official corporate hospitality packages.

The Gold Circle tickets guarantee access to food, drink and entry to an exclusive reserved area in front of the stage, offering a close-up view.

More than two million people have entered the text message lottery to win tickets for the July 2 event starring Sir Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams, U2 and Madonna.

But barriers will divide the 133,000 ticket winners chosen by computer next Monday from the Gold Circle reserved for 15,000 special guests standing directly in front of the stage.

and it kinda pissed me off. just wondering if anyone else is a bit miffed by this. i kept hearing about this golden circle and i thought maybe it was for about 1500 people but 15,000!

ReputationRep:
    Takes the piss really. Oh well, the lineup still isn't anything special

ReputationRep:
    meh, tickets were free, I'm not gonna complain...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd like to go just for Coldplay . Thats one act reading won't have (I think)

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey studenties!! Anyone going to/ watching Live 8? I'm there tomorrow and I was wondering where people were coming from and what bands they were looking forward to...I'm going via Megabus at 7:15 in the morning from Bristol :eek: hehehe looking fromward to all of it actually, the Killers, Razorlight everyone actually yay!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My brother's going to the one in Edinburgh

Have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    so babyshambles........ are you going lol ? :P

heres some eye candy -------> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._1045-2222.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Oh please don't say that!

I was SOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo desperate to get some tickets, but alas it was not. My friend got some but she's taking my other friend. How gutted am i!

Anyone else going..?
    :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.