Turn on thread page Beta

Download Festival ROCKED! watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to just say that Download ROCKED!

I got back at about 2AM last night. The whole weekend was excellent! I enjoyed myself so much and I am no longer a virgin!!!!

(of the festival variety of course! )

I saw...
    Wednesday 13, The Others, Biffy Clyro, Megadeth, My Chemical Romance (who I might add were APALLING live! :mad: ) Garbage (Shirley Manson is HOT! ) Mad Capsule Markets, A, Bowling For Soup (Who were funny as f**k! ) Alter Bridge, Anthrax, HIM (Who surpassed my low expectations... Ville's cut his hair :eek:) Velvet Revolver, BLACK SABBATH (Who easily win the prize for the best band at Download... they were awesome! ) Society 1 (Just for the spectacle of a guy being suspended by Meat Hooks) Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Nightwish ( :bawling: who were delayed by an hour because of some joker at the airport they were flying from who caused a bomb scare... and subsequently they were only able to play 4 songs! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: GRR!!!!! What they did play however was absolutely epic... It was hilarious to see Slayer fans thinking "WTF is this?" because they weren't aware of the hour delay! ) Slayer, Slipknot (Who put on an excellent show, however I didn't enjoy them to be honest... they just aren't my sort of thing) and then finally of course... SYSTEM OF A DOWN (Who were absolutely excellent and come a close second to Sabbath for the Best Band at Download award in my opinion... even though they just went off stage without saying bye or playing an encore which was pretty lame)
    Must be said though... It was really disapppointing about the Secret Band... allegedly Iron Maiden - however they pulled out because 500 people were injured in the bottle fight between Velvet Revolver and Sabbath and didn't want their fans to get hurt.

Camping wise... I was in a camp full of stoners and it was funny as hell They must have smoked half a field of cannabis over the weekend hehehe. My tent is pretty dodgy to be honest... but it was good once I put it up. Toilets were surprisingly reasonable... they did ming though, but thats to be expected. Though hats off to the people who were emptying all the poo... they managed to cause a massive spillage on about 4 occasions in the toilets near where I was camped - on one occasion spraying a nearby tent with raw sewage. Funny as hell hehe.

Food of course was disgusting and disgustingly expensive, but yeah... when you're hungry... price is irrelevant.

Weather... It was surprisingly reasonable. Wednesday (when I arrived) was absolutely GLORIOUS! I got sun burned on my arms which hurt Thursday was less good... Friday was poo until the evening when the clouds just disappeared and everything went nice and warm! Saturday was cold and Sunday was cold and it began to rain while Slipknot we're playing their set. I think I probably jinxed it by saying out loud earlier in the day... "OH MY GOD! An English music festival without rain!" :rolleyes: Typical. It was freezing most nights however... my cheap £15 hoody that I bought was such a damn good investment!

All in all, it was a brilliant festival.

If anyone else would like to share their experiences at Download 2005, feel free :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like anybody who went to DOWNLOAD as the jealousy burns through my veins.

Best festival every year, a shame examiers can't plan to keep exams away from the best ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silhouette)
    I don't like anybody who went to DOWNLOAD as the jealousy burns through my veins.

Best festival every year, a shame examiers can't plan to keep exams away from the best ones.
    Aww... dude I was the same last year but with Glasto... I wanted to see Muse in particular but thanks to a geigh exam on the Monday Afternoon... I couldn't go

ReputationRep:
    I so jelous too

ReputationRep:
    seconded or indeed thirded on the jealousy front. :p:

Glad you had a good time though mate. :cool: Shame I hadnt got exams on at same time or Id have come with

Ahh well always another year folks :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    My favourtie band Engerica were playing, so wanted to go....too bad hardly anyone's heard of them, I reckon they should have gone down pretty well

ReputationRep:
    Im disppointed I couldnt go, I had Economics exams on Friday. I really wanted to see Lacuna Coil, Nightwish and the Used.....

ReputationRep:
    I went! And it rocked!

I saw.... Megadeth, Garbage, Feeder, Trivium, A, Alter Bridge, Anthrax, Velvet Revolver, Black Sabbath, Papa Roach, Nightwish, Slipknot and SOAD!

Black Sabbath were the best band by far, though closely followed by Slipknot, Feeder and Garbage.

I was dissappointed by SOAD. They came on, played, played some more and then left. Barely a word to the fans, which were worshipping them, and it really annoyed me. I think Slipknot were better than SOAD.

I've decided now that I don't really like SOAD, and Nightwish were just weird. I didn't like them. Just like a bunch of pillocks tbh.

The weather was fine really. I got a bit cold on sunday, but I was only wearing a T shirt. The rain was great because it started whilst I was moshing for Slipknot and added great effect.

I thought it was loads better than last year, even though my favourite band: Metallica, were playing last year. But we won't go into that...

And to round the weekend off, weren't the breasts great?

BTW, how did you cope with using those horrible toilets? They stunck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea also...

Last year there was a big canvas-type mat in front of the main stage, but this year they didn't have anything done so the dust was unbelievable. I don't know why they didn't put one down this year. My throat is killing me know, a lot worse than last year. Sometimes you could barely seen the band for the dust...

What's the deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    oooooo i went to download although i missef ozzfest , Download was great expecially sunday when the heavy music was up, slipknot gave an excellent show, but system of a down, although brilliant mystified everyone,

firstly for making the crowd wait over half an hour, ( the camera going to the same 4 women to get thier tits out gets very boring very quickly)
    and then by leaving suddenly without even a goodbye, the crowd including me was left screaming for an encore in vain

It was funny as hell talking to the people who camped and they were stoned, drunk or both, next year i will go back and fail to build a tent unless exams get in the way :confused:

ReputationRep:
    System of a Down needed half an hour set up time after Slipknot in the first place. And they were on later because Nightwish were late, and so everything was put on half an hour later.

- I thought the tits were great, but SOAD don't seem to appreciate their fan base!

ReputationRep:
    And Slipknot played without their masks on!

ReputationRep:
    slipknot without doubt stole the show, the joey solo was incredible and they were generally brilliant,

with SOAD i would hope that they let there music do the talking like slayer and megadeth did, the actual music was stunning the whole crowd was following there every move the atmosphere was electric, it jus managed to beat the slipknot atmosphere, but download 2005 belonged to slipknot

i really hope those rumours about SOAD having internal problems are false, and that hypnotize will be there big sendoff (cowers behind sofa)

ReputationRep:
    SOAD were on later than billed because their guitarist was too f**ked out of his head on drugs to play. They had to wait for him to come down before they could play. It must be said however... I thought the producer on the main stage cameras did a pretty good job of keeping the crowd entertained.

On the point that Alcohol5% made about the toilets...
    The trick is eat no fibre. Just use urinals... or do what one of the guys in my little campsite did... poo in a pringles tube.

Also... I would imagine that they didn't put a mat down outside the main stage this year as last year it got torn up and I would imagine it would be quite expensive for such a large area.

One thing I would suggest that the organisers do for next year... put some goddamn hard wearing grass on the hill! My arse is still hurting from sitting on huge lumps of gravel! :argh:

I was also disappointed by how rudely SOAD went offstage... however I still think that they rocked... their music was better than doing some predictable go-offstage-and-come-on-for-an-obviously-planned-encore stunt. All they had to do was say bye though... tut! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I hadn't even noticed SOAD had gone offstage by the time they had, but I still reckon Slipknot > SOAD.

On the toilets issue. My plan would be to take baby wipes and go poo in the bushes, if i ever need too... On the sunday I had some chicken curry from the Indian stand, but was later praying that it didn't shoot thru me or give me food poisoning, as I spose chicken could do easily in a place like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohol5%)
    And Slipknot played without their masks on!
    No they didn't :confused: At least not from where i was standing.

Another point about Slipknot - i like them very much, but their performances seem so mechanical and repetitive; i've seen videos of them and he says the same thing to the fans at every time in the song wherever he goes and the drum solo by Joey is a very common thing for him to do. Although i guess if it works for them and the fans don't mind then there isn't much wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    No they didn't :confused: At least not from where i was standing.

Another point about Slipknot - i like them very much, but their performances seem so mechanical and repetitive; i've seen videos of them and he says the same thing to the fans at every time in the song wherever he goes and the drum solo by Joey is a very common thing for him to do. Although i guess if it works for them and the fans don't mind then there isn't much wrong with it.
    They damn well did play without masks! The reason Joey did his drum solo was to allow time for them to get them back on!! Definately had masks off, they may have had some sort of different masks on, but they were more revealing!

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling me Corey wasn't wearing a mask?

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't wearing the mask he usually wears. I think tho he either had a thinner mask on, because you could see his jaw move and mouth open when he sung, or thick face paint.

ReputationRep:
    I also went to download (the third year appearence.). May i correct you vlad without being prude. MCR ****ing ruled and nightwish played 4 songs, but other than that it was ace eh!. Ive got mutiple bruising fron staying at the front all sat but weyhey. Rock on

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.