Turn on thread page Beta

Download Festival ROCKED! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonie)
    I also went to download (the third year appearence.). May i correct you vlad without being prude. MCR ****ing ruled and nightwish played 4 songs, but other than that it was ace eh!. Ive got mutiple bruising fron staying at the front all sat but weyhey. Rock on
    I stand throughly corrected about Nightwish... however; MCR sucked. I'm a pretty big fan of MCR but I've not heard a worse live performance from a band since Franz Ferdinand. I dunno if you heard the recording of them playing Helena on Download 87.7, but it was utterly dire. Gerard was totally unable to reach the vocal requirements of most of the songs... yeah... artists like to put a twist on their songs when they play live but he was just appalling... dropping down octaves far too often because he couldnt reach the notes, letting the crowd sing most of the song... it was just a really pathetic performance. Then to finally top it off, he comes out with that "lets contact the dead" horses**t... I just stood there and said what the f**k.

ReputationRep:
    SOAD were on later than billed because their guitarist was too f**ked out of his head on drugs to play
    Was Daron stoned? wouldnt surprise me he looked off his head shame he couldnt stay sober as such for one of the biggest performances of his career, and would explain why Serj looked so worried throughout the performance, and why they simply left without saying goodbye,

but still i have a bitter taste especially whem comparing them to slipknot, they called us their family , while SOAD said 2 things throughout

ReputationRep:
    That was my first festival and it kicked F*****g ass

Didn't see too many bands Friday, but Sat/Sun i was basically in front of the main stage all day

I was pretty impressed with everything i saw and i thought the crowds were ace

We were camped right on a 'road' between the main camping shops area and toilets, so had a constant trail of drunk/stoned/hilarious dudes :p:

definitely going next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I stand throughly corrected about Nightwish... however; MCR sucked. I'm a pretty big fan of MCR but I've not heard a worse live performance from a band since Franz Ferdinand. I dunno if you heard the recording of them playing Helena on Download 87.7, but it was utterly dire. Gerard was totally unable to reach the vocal requirements of most of the songs... yeah... artists like to put a twist on their songs when they play live but he was just appalling... dropping down octaves far too often because he couldnt reach the notes, letting the crowd sing most of the song... it was just a really pathetic performance. Then to finally top it off, he comes out with that "lets contact the dead" horses**t... I just stood there and said what the f**k.
    I also stand corrected i was just bein biased because it was the 1st time i had seen them. anyway enough rambling rock and ****in roll

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.