Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive got a chemistry assessment this week, design and plan. think its got summit to do with aldehydes and ketones. its our first for A2 and im doing edexcel. anyone done one similar yet??

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I did the observations part for AQA the other week. Was producing methyl 3-nitrobenzoate and finding the melting point. The coursework can be unique to the school as well. Anyway, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selectme)
    ive got a chemistry assessment this week, design and plan. think its got summit to do with aldehydes and ketones. its our first for A2 and im doing edexcel. anyone done one similar yet??

cheers.
    What about rate kinetic regarding them, thats what I did, u'll find loads of info on it in books like Ramsden (a bible for A-Level chemists)

Luv

ReputationRep:

cheers.
    Tell us more and we might be able to help

ReputationRep:

cheers.
    I did the same one and it was a hard one to put it simply. You need to say how you can test organic, compounds, include safety, the chemicals to test for ketone or aldehyde. eg bromine solution i think. You need to talk about recrystalisation and equipment.

ReputationRep:
    2,4 dinitrophenylhydrazine goes orange indicating presance of carbonyl compound, tollens silver mirror test confirms aldehyde, recrystalise ppt from 2,4 dinitrophenylhydrazine to do melting point and identify conclusivly

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.