Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi,
Do you think its worth trying to back to correct your mistakes (like

messing up ur a levels) or just move forward even if ur not happy. As im

21 now, and was thinking about doing my a levels again, or do u think i

should go to uni in 04 even if its at a crap uni or a foundation course?
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
HEY
have the same problem my brother had!!

he wanted to do his alevels again but he was 21
what he done was apply to uni for the course he wanted to do...and he got in!!
Coz u are a mature student ure grades dont really matter, what matters is if u have experiance work i mean or if uve worked a bit .

my brother is in kings collage now doing biochemistry
i hoped this helped, i think the moderators can help u further
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VampireWithSoul)
Hi,
Do you think its worth trying to back to correct your mistakes (like

messing up ur a levels) or just move forward even if ur not happy. As im

21 now, and was thinking about doing my a levels again, or do u think i

should go to uni in 04 even if its at a crap uni or a foundation course?
i would go and try again
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
i would go and try again

Yeah..its gonna cost him tho
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
Yeah..its gonna cost him tho
it might be worth it in the long run
VampireWithSoul
Rep:
?
hey thanks for the replies,

The thing is i did a year studying pharmaceutical science at uni from 2001-2002, i messed up a few exams but was allowed to carry on but then dropped out in jan03, but i didnt properly inform my uni, so my LEA thinks i did 2 years at uni. If i tell them that i dropped out but didnt tell the uni, i think i might have to pay the fees for last year.

The LEA has said that what ever degree i do now, ill have to pay for the first year, and they will consider paying for the rest. I have been really confused lately, cos i had vague notions of doing medcine through the 4yr graduate route, and changed to biochemistry at my old uni(as they have links to st georges med school).

But then i saw this ''cognitive science'' course, and i was interested in some of the modules, especially the neuroscience and philosophical modules, but so far ive alot of stuff about using different computing programs for analysing psychological data, as in the third yr u have to do a project and analyse ur data, but i didnt take this into account when applying for the course, as i got it last minute through clearing.

I was thinking about maybe trying to convert my a/s business (only got a c) to A2 and hopefully get a B to add to my D in chemistry, that way i may meet the entry requirements to do software engineering or other courses, but at lesser uni's.

Have i blown my shot at life?, and should settle for whatever i can?, or do my a levels again and go to uni in sep05? (but ill be 23 )i need to make up my mind to either do my a levels again or to do the a2 in business and another a/s. It would look odd doing A2 in business and also a/s in the summer, if i dont go to uni in sep04, as i can do something other than business like: economics,law,history,psychology ? ive thought about maths (i did a/s 2yrs ago and got a pathetic n, so i wanna improve this), and the only hard science i can do is physics, so i have to choose between A2 in business or the other a/s's.

I'm not sure about what degree to do either, biochemistry,computer science,software engineering,engineering,law,econ omics,medcine,dentistry,architec ture....arghh when u spend so much time away from studying its hard to make a descision in case u mess up, cos ive already wasted so much time!
*starbuck*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree with the others, you should do A Levels, yeah it'll cost you...but whatever you decide to do it's going to cost you, so money cant be a deciding factor.

I also think you should do different A Levels to what you did before, because then they wont be classed as resits and you wont get dodgy questions from admissions people asking why you did crap last time etc - though you do have mitigating circumstnaces so you could play those up.

By the sounds of it, you're not really interested in doing any of the degrees you're tried so far, because if you were you would have stuck to them. I also think it would be very hard for you to get motivation back when you werent really motivated to start with.

You certainly havent blown your shot at life! Why the rush to have everything done yesterday? You're only 21 for goodness sake, you have your entire life ahead of you. Dont take any notice of what people you know are doing...the conveyor belt thing - most of them probably dont know what they want to do either, they're just going along with the flow because that's what everyone else does...and "only dead fish go with the flow" Be proud you've stopped and assessed your life and realised you're not happy doing what you're doing. Going back to studying will be hard, but if it's what you want to do then its worth it. If people in their 30s can do it then I'm sure you can!!!

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway
VampireWithSoul
Rep:
?
thanks for the reply,

I did biology and chemistry a level, and maths and business a/s 2 yrs ago.
I was thinking abt doing the same ones, but the only science i can do is physics as theres no coursework, maths and i cant decide on a third, i think ive narrowed it down to history,law,economics,philosphy or law?, can anyone offer afvice on theses subjects?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads