Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I’m new to this board. My name is Kathryn and I am currently doing my PhD at the University of Central Lancashire (North-West England) conducting research into Emotional Intelligence (my undergraduate degree was in Applied Psychology). After 2 months of trying to recruit people into my study I still don’t have enough people. I am now really desperate.

So…if anyone would be willing to help me, I would be really really grateful. The study involves completing a number of online questionnaires, and in return you will receive your happiness score, satisfaction with life score, emotional intelligence score, interpretations of these scores and an emotional intelligence workbook. The only criterion is that you must be aged 18+. If anyone is interested the web site address is http://www.inspiro.co.uk . Also, given that “word of mouth” has been one of the most successful recruitment strategies I’ve tried, I would really appreciate it if people would consider forwarding my website address (to people in their e-mail address book) to anyone they think may be happy to complete my study

Thanks a lot!

Kat

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im doing something similar with my phd and would suggest wandering the computer rooms with a massive box of sweeties. Most undergrads will do anything for a lollipop you'd be surprised.

Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look at your survey, have to say its going to be tough task to get people to answer stuff like that! Especially as your asking them to give their name.

Cant imagine folk wanting to admit to drug use on a university PC.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Thanks for your replies! My study actually uses participants recruited from the general population i.e., a non-student sample. If i'd chosen to use a purely student sample I would have finished the first study of my PhD about 4 months ago as I could've recruited as many as I needed more or less straight away. However, I chose to recruit members of the general public because about 90% of psych. research uses students, who are not reprsentative of the population as a whole. This is extremely difficult to do though. I am, however, able to have a small number of students in my sample, hence my post here.

Completing questionnaire such as those that ask about drug abuse isn't of any risk to participants, as the responses don't get stored on the PC, especially university networked ones.

Thanks for the advice!

Take care

Kathryn

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.