Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel German anyone?! Past papers... watch

ReputationRep:
    hehe as long as i dont have a mind blank when i get into the exam :s thats the worst thing ever when that happens! Did you do a cw module then?
    i'm sure you'll love it when you get there have u visited? if ur really unsure have u thought about having a yr out?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did coursework and am very thankful for it. 'Twas quite interesting too, and I had to edit my essays down because both went over the respective word limits of 600 and 1100.

I've visited, but few students were around at the time, so I didn't get a real idea of the atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    yes, very glad i did a cw unit :s as horrible as thursday's exam is at least its only 40% of A2 and 20% overall you had higher word limits thn us then we had to have 500 and 1000 twas very hard!

ReputationRep:
    So did we, but I always write too much (even for my 3000 word history coursework), so I followed the 'above this and we'll penalise you' limits^^;;;

It might be worth looking for phrases from units 6a and 6b to use in 6c, by the way, just in case minds go blank.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i always seem to write too much :s apart from 250-300 words suddenly seems like a lot!
    I think thats the ebst thing about the setup of the exams, although its long i spose u kind of really get into the language and pick up bits of vocab. it hasn't happened yet, but am really worried about not understanding the questions!

ReputationRep:
    If it's an essay question and you don't perfectly understand it, avoid like the plague. Otherwise, you have to play the logical guessing game, as in...what could it mean? The 250-300 words does sound like a lot, but it's not too bad. Even this post is over 50 words!

ReputationRep:
    very true but when i write in german everything seems so much longer! Praying for an umwelt/social issue question women or abortion wld be fab :s

ReputationRep:
    Have you practiced those in detail then, or are they just your favourites?

ReputationRep:
    just the ones i know most vocab for! Fingers crossed.... oooh and fingers crossed for politics/Europe?

ReputationRep:
    I would love any question on the EU since that was my oral!!

ReputationRep:
    I talked about that in my oral, even though it was utterly different from what I'd prepared. By chance, I'd read the most recent 'Der Spiegel', and so I could talk about the current state of the German government and reasons for the economic collapse.

ReputationRep:
    hehe tht was lucky! Abortion was mine so tht'd be great but i thikn theres already been a q on tht?

ReputationRep:
    How recently, though?

Are you doing General Studies today with the German bit? I'm treating it as useful revision!

ReputationRep:
    Am not sure cos don't have all exam papers but th exam hasnt been going tht long so i'm not too hopeful

Hehe wasn't allowed to do General Studies but kinda wanted to! Is it about German politics then??

ReputationRep:
    No, it was just some comprehension of some AS-level texts. Nothing too taxing!

Aiiieee, the exam is almost upon us and I seriously feel sehr unbereit! Studieren ist nicht genug. I know hardly anything about Umwelt either. *Panik*

ReputationRep:
    Kein Angst Ich wette, dass du genug gemacht hast. Es scheint, als ob du viel ueber Politik usw weisst und ich denke, dass Politik ein Thema wird.

I'm so worried that something obscure will come up like last year with the education crisis thing :s that wld throw me, that and politics. Minorites came up last yr so they prob won't

Good Luck! its nearly over now

ReputationRep:
    The essays will be okay, as we will be bound to at least have a good attempt at one of the six, but it's if something I don't know (like Umwelt) that comes up on 6a or 6b that I'll worry! Mind you, they asked about the 1999 eclipse in one of my past papers, so I guess anything could be in store!

Oh, and as I havn't actually said it yet, best of luck!!! You can be my exam-buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cartouche)
    Die Wende hasn't come up for a while...

du hattest schon Recht!

ReputationRep:
    Woo!

Although I never expected it to be in 6b! I was expecting it as an essay, and so I had to actually rely on a TBA for once (the one about German becoming Anglified). I almost felt like writing 'Diese Prüfung' as one of 6a's causes of Streß. Does anyone actually want to go a Meditationzentrum?

ReputationRep:
    For the first question in 6b, about how often she goes to the DDR, what did you put?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.