Edexcel German anyone?! Past papers... Watch

This discussion is closed.
sugarplumc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wasn't it, how often did they go before die Wende? I said never.
sugarplumc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
did anyone else do 'kriminlitat ist die folge von sozialen Problemen' for the discursive essay?
What did you all think of it in general? I thought 6a was quite easy and 6b was ok. I don't think I did very well on 6c though.
I'm so glad I never have to do a German exam again!
Richy Rich$$
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me too, i thought it was a bit of a trick question!
I did the one about Das Leben ohne Auto for 6(c)
Melone
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
yes i thought tht was a trick but put sie ist nie in der DDR gefahren so fingers crossed!! I actually didn't mind the listening too much but with German it goes either way i spose :s the text was fine for the reading, but the questions were a bit unclear i thought! For the essay I did hat die normalfamilie eine Zukunft i just hope it made sense :s wanted to write more thn 250 words though grrr
Cartouche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For 6b 1a I put 'niemals'...he only saw it through a television screen, didn't he?

We'd actually done the same 'normal family' essay in German last-year, but I couldn't remember enough to do it again.
Melone
Rep:
?
aww coincidence! Maybe ur teachers a secret examiner! We'd kinda done the war one, but same i cldnt remember! What one did u do exam buddy?!
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My teacher is an examinor! He's the guy in charge of all Edexcel German coursework! Although that really was a co-incidence, I'm sure...

I wanted to do the war one, but I knew I'd run into vocab trouble, so I did the second TBA, just because it was about English invading the German language, and I'd done one of my courseworks in English relationships with Germany. A tenuous link, but enough of one.
Melone
Rep:
?
ahh right thts cool! cool beans i'm so so glad it's over!!! I really wanna know how i did, i'm pretty hopeful i got my B but i hate thinking about it!!
Wish history was over now....
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We'll have to wait and see...

What history papers are you doing again?
Melone
Rep:
?
the nazi state 1933-39 (edexcel) also law exam on same day

how bout u??
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm AQA, but part of my course does cover the Third Reich, so we can continue to babble to each other for a little while yet!
Melone
Rep:
?
hehe oh excellent! well i shall start the babbling then hehe am currently looking at Gleichschaltung German word yay!
whens ur exam?
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did the Denglisch one too! I thought it was quite good, coz we did a bit in English Lang about it simply enough that I could regurgitate it in German.

Most of my class did the complaints one I think, but I couldn't remember the vocab
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay LLL! I was babbling mostly, but there wasn't enough space for a coherent essay.

My History exams are together on Monday.
Melone
Rep:
?
i really think they shld increase the word limit....
i can't believe we've finished German completely its kinda scary
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, we havn't really, as we're both still studying it next year, but A-Level German is over, and, yes, it is scary. I've also had the same German teacher for the past six years, so Deutsch ohne ihm will be strange...
Melone
Rep:
?
very true... I'm lookin 4ward to being totally fluent! I'm really goin2 miss the german department at my school, theyre all lovely! We're all going out for a meal after exams to say goodbye
Cartouche
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Awww...we're not It's the end for us!
Fluency will be nice, and I've already noticed that I know more of the words in the German dicationary than I ever thought I could at this stage.
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Melone)
very true... I'm lookin 4ward to being totally fluent! I'm really goin2 miss the german department at my school, theyre all lovely! We're all going out for a meal after exams to say goodbye

Yeah me too No more german! Our teachers are taking us out too for coffee and biscuits next week to say goodbye.
Melone
Rep:
?
aww what are u studyin at uni Richy Rich? Not German?! It's kinda odd that we've just completed the whole 2 years... that sounds weird :s i know what i mean hehe

i'm quite good with vocab, but my written German is much better thn spoken, I find it hard to think up complex stuff with the write grammar as I'm speaking- kinda hoping uni will sort this!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise