'Leave margin blank' Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Centipe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What do you think happens if the end of a couple of your words goes into the 'leave blank' margin? Do they take marks off :eek:? Or just ignore the word(s)? Or just mark them anyway? It was literally just a case of one or two ends of words.

Thanks
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think you should bother worrying about that, it's pathetic. They'll probably mark it anyway, I shouldn't worry.
Piece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont think they take ne thing off, its just there so they can have space to write.
if they did take marks off then ive probably failed because the number of times ive wrote there is unbelievable!!!!!
ISAAC-NEWTON
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
same here hedweg.. one of the things ehich im really concerned about is the minature amount of space they give us in the 1st place!!! its pathetic init!
Piece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by qarishahg)
same here hedweg.. one of the things ehich im really concerned about is the minature amount of space they give us in the 1st place!!! its pathetic init!

yeah i thought that. in my geog they actually give us a continuation page at the back but it wasnt enough!!!!
i was writing way below the lines and i had to go onto the back of the paper!!! i hope they realise that!
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Usually they hunt you down to your place of residence and chop your balls off.
Archkinkist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry about it; they'll perhaps if it was the end of a sentence ignore it, but it won't cost you anything. If you do get a lesser mark than you were hoping for (not hoping that becomes the case mind ) you can always ask for the script to be sent back, though it would cost. One thing while we're talking about exams, I know someone who once had an AS physics exam and had to do a diagram halfway through in pencil. He continued the rest of the exam in pencil and didn't get any of that bit marked and it messed his grade up! So I don't imagine margin writing will be a problem
The Centipe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
Usually they hunt you down to your place of residence and chop your balls off.
Are you familiar with the tool of preference? :rolleyes:

Lol, anyway, I guess I should stop worrying.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by StriatedCentipe)
What do you think happens if the end of a couple of your words goes into the 'leave blank' margin? Do they take marks off :eek:? Or just ignore the word(s)? Or just mark them anyway? It was literally just a case of one or two ends of words.

Thanks
lol they only say leave blank so that they can put the number of marks in there, they wont mark you down or not mark the words because of it. It happens all the time.
Candy_Shop
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And they put little comments in the margin so that when they get moderated everyone can see why they gave marks how they did.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If they scan the papers, there's no guarantee that the bits in the margin will be scanned, as they might have the paper slightly wonky. If it's the end of words, then they should be able to guess what word you meant from the bit they can see. And if it's whole words they should still be able to guess, as the margins are quite small and I don't see how you could fit long obscure words in there
flyboy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah i think its just those are the only bits that can be guarenteed to be picked up on the scanner. I always run outta room at the end of each line forgetting how big my riting is and go into the forbiddin writting space. whoops
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads