Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1) my writing in these exams has been very scruffy and crappy. i can hardly read the F***er myself. are the examiners used to this, or are they impatient little fools who will not mark it cos they cannay be arsed to try to read it?

2) in that bit where it says 'reference number', several times i have simply wrote the title of the paper. this is due to extreme stupidness. the teachers hardly tell you what the f*** to write on the front, so will it matter, or will all of my exams now be marked invalid?

ReputationRep:
    does it really matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktank)
    does it really matter
    that is the question for sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz buff)
    1) my writing in these exams has been very scruffy and crappy. i can hardly read the F***er myself. are the examiners used to this, or are they impatient little fools who will not mark it cos they cannay be arsed to try to read it?

2) in that bit where it says 'reference number', several times i have simply wrote the title of the paper. this is due to extreme stupidness. the teachers hardly tell you what the f*** to write on the front, so will it matter, or will all of my exams now be marked invalid?

i think no.1 if they cant understand it they wont mark it, many of my teachers have told me this as they are examines
    as for no. 2 i dont know but the teachers usually check them all after everyone has left the exam

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as lnog as the hand writing is ok and they can make out what you've put then its ok. And paper reference isnt essential, as long as they know what paper they're marking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Yeah as lnog as the hand writing is ok and they can make out what you've put then its ok. And paper reference isnt essential, as long as they know what paper they're marking.
    well that is both bad and good, though when you are expected to write like a motherF***** they should expect poor writing for sure..

ReputationRep:
    well that is both bad and good, though when you are expected to write like a motherF***** they should expect poor writing for sure..
    Exactly, i had to rush my history exam so bad, my writing was really bad, but they'll still be able to make out what ive put, even if they cant make out some of it, examiners look out for certain words, or facts to give you marks for.

ReputationRep:
    my writing always turns out scruffy towards the end. if they can read it then you'll be ok, i think.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, i had to rush my history exam so bad, my writing was really bad, but they'll still be able to make out what ive put, even if they cant make out some of it, examiners look out for certain words, or facts to give you marks for.
    oh yeah, for sure, they probably read the key words and without reading the whole sentence, know what the hell you are trying to say(half making up the rest of it), they best as well do anyhow...

ReputationRep:
    lol my writing in history exam was awful. I even wrote an apology note for it.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol my writing in history exam was awful. I even wrote an apology note for it.lol.
    lol i know, you said, im sure that'l make them happy when they come to mark yours, i also wrote an apology note for mixing up 7a,b and c

ReputationRep:

wtf, come on! :mad:
    don't swear f****er

ReputationRep:
    my writing was awful in the exams too. I hope the examiners get it. and i don't think the reference matters bcoz one of my friends messed it up due to nervousness but she got a B.

ReputationRep:
    Try switching pens, sometimes a more comfortable pen allows for neat handwriting.
    I use to use a feather ink pen, but that was...

Now I use a fountain ink pen, I write like a proffesional poet now, I create state-of-the-art written work. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lolz @ Markus and Izzy. what if they cut ur marks for it??

ReputationRep:
    My normal writing is uber crappy, because I used to write with my hand like a left handed person even though I'm right handed but I don't anymore. Anyway, in the exam I switch everything to italics because it actually looks neater as a whole page, but is actually impossible to read and it's my bit of revenge to the examiners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfdaGoblin)
    lolz @ Markus and Izzy. what if they cut ur marks for it??
    Then i'd either complain (because i know that my writing can be made out and read) or id leave it. Its not like i'd know if i were marked down anyway.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.