Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went ok..
    atleast i have one of my alevels out of the way
    Anneka
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    We haven't done it yet - Greek + Roman Epic's tomorrow, then Greek Tragedy's on Friday and I don't know when Roman Britain is.

ReputationRep:
    Greek and Roman epic tomorrow. Oh dear god. I've re-read the Aeneid and I've re-read the first 10 books plus book 17 the Odyssey.. oh gosh, I seriously am going to fail. I can't remember quotes or names or.. argh.. *headdesk*

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find class civ (this morning)? i completely messed up the timings and ended up spending only 35 mins on the essay, which was not cool, and i didnt put nearly enough quotes in. what questions did everyone do? i did A1 and B5, they were pretty hard!! anyway i hope you all did ok.
    sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tickled_pink35)
    how did everyone find class civ (this morning)? i completely messed up the timings and ended up spending only 35 mins on the essay, which was not cool, and i didnt put nearly enough quotes in. what questions did everyone do? i did A1 and B5, they were pretty hard!! anyway i hope you all did ok.
    sarah
    I did A2 and B3 - the heroism essay. I rambled incoherently through most of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    I did A2 and B3 - the heroism essay. I rambled incoherently through most of it.
    lol yeh i know what you mean!! i read mine through at the end and for some reason i completely muddled troy and rome up, so it made no sense at all! and i had someone typing their exam right behind me, it was really offputting!! i really could have strangled them at the end

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have actually made up a word and put it in my essay. 'Heroicism' - that can't possibly be in the dictionary.

Note to self - stop making up words and confusing them for words listed in the dictionary!

ReputationRep:
    nearly everyone in my school did the heroism essay, i dont understand why, it looked really dull. arghh greek tragedy 3 tomorrow, im so dead i dont know any of it and i have to cram psychology this evening cos thats tomorrow morning! i really should have sorted my life out before this. that would have been the sensible thing to do...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yes, indeed it was dull, but I couldn't possibly get a decent mark if I attempted either of the other essays.

ReputationRep:
    I did A2 and B3 as well - prophecy (A1) and heroism (B3). I think I did okay... Didn't remember any quotes, though. Every single person in my school did A1 (Nausicaa vs Dido) and B3, exceot one person who did B4 and me who did A2...

No exams tomorrow morning, so I'll revise Greek Tragedy then! I can read 6 plays in 4 hours...

ReputationRep:
    lucky you to have the morning to revise, i had two psychology exams which i also had to cram for yesterday! i just finished tragedy. how did everyone find it? i did A1 and B5, again! lol! i thought the paper was really hard, especially the essays, they were impossible! stupid examiners, they should make it easy for us, not hard! and now my hand is going into spasms with all the writing i had to do.

ReputationRep:
    lucky you to have the morning to revise, i had two psychology exams which i also had to cram for yesterday! i just finished tragedy. how did everyone find it? i did A1 and B5, again! lol! i thought the paper was really hard, especially the essays, they were impossible! stupid examiners, they should make it easy for us, not hard! and now my hand is going into spasms with all the writing i had to do.
    I did A1 and B5 too. I had to do another exam in the same afternoon session and so have only just finished. I think I might collapse through exhaustion *yawns*

Anyway, yes, I thought the essays were also extremely difficult. I'd have been able to do them to a better standard if just a couple of bullet points had been put down to set us off. It's just a pity that the people who set the exams aren't kind and friendly like that *sigh* I hope that writing about divine revenge in Euripides vs. human revenge in Aeschylus and Sophocles got me a few marks. I'm already starting to think of things that I've missed out... oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    I did A1 and B5 too. I had to do another exam in the same afternoon session and so have only just finished. I think I might collapse through exhaustion *yawns*

Anyway, yes, I thought the essays were also extremely difficult. I'd have been able to do them to a better standard if just a couple of bullet points had been put down to set us off. It's just a pity that the people who set the exams aren't kind and friendly like that *sigh* I hope that writing about divine revenge in Euripides vs. human revenge in Aeschylus and Sophocles got me a few marks. I'm already starting to think of things that I've missed out... oh dear.
    i thought about that line of argument 15 mins from the end!! i wish id thought of it earlier. i rambled on about euripides using revenge the best because there was never any doubt about clytemnestra and electra getting their revenge on agamemnon and then on cly, whereas euripides placed so much importance on revenge that medea overcame her better judgement and instincts to have her revenge on jason. i dont think i even answered the question lol! oh well at least is over, only art and architecture left now!

ReputationRep:
    i thought about that line of argument 15 mins from the end!! i wish id thought of it earlier. i rambled on about euripides using revenge the best because there was never any doubt about clytemnestra and electra getting their revenge on agamemnon and then on cly, whereas euripides placed so much importance on revenge that medea overcame her better judgement and instincts to have her revenge on jason. i dont think i even answered the question lol! oh well at least is over, only art and architecture left now!
    Ok.. I didn't mention any of that *has failed*

Oh god.. I can't believe I didn't think to mention that! To be honest, all I really did mention was divine vs. human revenge.

ReputationRep:
    I did the hero essay, was a textbook question, no strings just comparing two characters, but considering I've only ever read 3 chapters of the Aenied and 9 of the Odyssey I think there's something wrong with the classics exams. Never mind, how did everyone find the Drama this afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamen Staines)
    I did the hero essay, was a textbook question, no strings just comparing two characters, but considering I've only ever read 3 chapters of the Aenied and 9 of the Odyssey I think there's something wrong with the classics exams. Never mind, how did everyone find the Drama this afternoon?
    thats rude, i cud have saved myself so much work! oh well its a bit late now. only 2 more exams left! history on mon, class civ next monday so life is good. my friend hasn't had a sinlge one yet, she has 11 left!! how annoying would that be?

there probably is something wrong with the classics exam, although having said that ill have totally messed up and will end up with an E or something. i hate results day so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Snap - I did A1 and B5 too. Looked at A1, thought, no. Looked at A2 - okay, A1 it is.

I didn't really mention divine revenge versus human revenge - well, bot to any great extent. I kind of belittled Sophocles too... Ah well, I can make up for a bad grade in this with Chemistry and Physics.

I'm exactly halfway through the exams - ten down, ten to go!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all those end question were quite nice and open, I did the Aeschylus vs euripides on gods and how it makes their plays dramatic, but I got so carried away in the first half that I only wrote 3 pages for B

ReputationRep:
    only wrote 3 pages? i barely managed 2 for the essay!! but then my writing is tiny. i spent so long on section c in part A that i only had 35 mins for the essay. the invigilator said there were 10 mins left and i hadn't even covered euripides, so that wasnt good. i worte about 5 lines on him and then just concluded it. oh well!!

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.