Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow.how come they allowed u to do As levels?DO u go to public school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    tomorrow.how come they allowed u to do As levels?DO u go to public school?
    aha i just go to a regular state school but I got A/A* in my GCSEs when I took them in year 10 so they thought rather than repeat it everyone who got good grades should do AS... it's really useful prepared me for college now...

and can you believe I've interrupted my sleepnig pattern of wkaing up at 2pm, woke up at 7am, gotten ready, was just about to leave when I realise the maths exam is TOMORROW (arrrrrrgh)... oh well, a few more revision hours... merci :top:

ReputationRep:
    lol. so r u going to do A2 levels next year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol. so r u going to do A2 levels next year then?
    well I considered that but no... I'm only going to get around a C in French which I'm gonna repeat from AS, and an A in English Lit (which I don't want to do to A2)... so next year I'm gonna do AS in General Studies, French (again now that I know what its all about), History, Psychology, Media, Computing

ReputationRep:
    lol,k. good luck with getting all As in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol,k. good luck with getting all As in them.
    merci :top: ... now I will reflect upon my getting up 26 hours early for the exam and tell people my rather amusing anecdote :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    11.5 (RS short course). How do people manage to get 14???? There's nowhere near enough time in our school scheduale to do that many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    11.5 (RS short course). How do people manage to get 14???? There's nowhere near enough time in our school scheduale to do that many!
    most of mine comes from the ICT GNVQ which is worth like 4... and you have to work really hard in that its awful, and did some last year so I had more time this year and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    hmm
    ive only done 8 gcse
    but im prety sure of 6A* and 2 A s
    would that be all right for applying to oxbridge for a hard course like enginering

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing 11 and two halves, (r.s and ict) so it works out at 12, but its really like 13, coz you dont tell people you did 2 short courses, lol

ReputationRep:
    11 - Eng, Eng Lit, Maths, Science (double), ICT (double), German, Geo, Business and Drama

hopin for 7 A* 4 A

lets hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    7 As levels, 13.5 GCSEs? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    no offence, but do you really have a life?
    Lol, I know a bit too much but hey, I have a life too! Its just that those A Levels are the ones i really really want to study. I think I might cry if i dont get all As and A*s in GCSEs...

ReputationRep:
    How come everyone is doing more than 10! I though only a handful of schools actually let their students do more than 10 - at my school everyone does 9 (no choice!) except set 1 for maths does statistics, which makes 10 for around 1/4 of the year (inc. me ) You must all have a tonne of revision to do!

ReputationRep:

How come everyone is doing more than 10
    These days the number of gcses you get often doesn't reflect the number of subjects.

You can do one gnvq subject and get 4 'gcses'.

In some schools RS is only worth 0.5.

Some people do 'ICT' and get 2 gcses for it.

Its a bit silly really. I'd just rather get a grade per subject, rather than saying 'oh I got 2 A*s' when they're both in the same subject (i.e. IT double). Bit simpler that way.

Does anybody know how these numbers are reflected? Is it in UCAS points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    How come everyone is doing more than 10! I though only a handful of schools actually let their students do more than 10 - at my school everyone does 9 (no choice!) except set 1 for maths does statistics, which makes 10 for around 1/4 of the year (inc. me ) You must all have a tonne of revision to do!
    you'd think that, but i dont,lol, and you just think so many subjects so little time, where to start, i know i wont lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    i will have 12 gcses, 12 a* hopefully like my mocks.
    12 a*! damn u must b clever! i should get 12 gcses 2 - aiming 4 no b's this tym! got 2 in my mocks : (

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.