Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got some serious problems any medics here? Revising sunday afternoon and I start getting these pains in my abdomen. I was lying on my bed and whenever I adjusted my position I was getting really bad pains. Im not sure if it is cramps or something wrong with my intestine or something but the pain is pretty unbearable. That night my temperature shot up and I started getting headaches. Couldn't sleep all night. In morning mum gave me paracetamol which cleared the headache and lowered my fever but the pains persisted. I would just try and get over it but I need to revise!

I have a feeling it may be some food poisoning of some type. Treat myself to some mcdonalds couple of days ago (I rarely eat mcdonalds) and my mum made me scrambled eggs thta morning. I have a feeling it may be food poisoning of some type like salmonella or something. Anyone think they know what it is?

If things dont clear up tomorrow im off to the doctors. I get this funny feeling that it will clear up in time for my exams and I will do badly and not be able to get any kind of special consideration.

Any help will be appreciated!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Phone NHS direct. It could be anything from wind to a problem with your appendix

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm not a medic but it doesn't sound like food poisoning to me, if you had eaten something that you disagreed with then the effects would be fairly quick and you would more than likely be throwing up. If it doesn't go away see a doctor. xx

ReputationRep:
    Yes its a bit runny. But I believe it has to be a pathogen of somekind otherwise why the fever? I've never had wind either. Whats NHS direct number?

ReputationRep:
    0845 4647

ReputationRep:
    P.S. Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, nurse will ring me back soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Create)
    P.S. Hope you feel better soon
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    r u pregnant
    (i laugh now cause im hoping ur a guy, not cause that would be funny)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.