Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nobodys been disqualified from our school ....yet. our teachers are soo much stricter....if a phone rang they would go crazy. youre lucky having such good teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    This fat kids phone went off in an exam, and ironically, his ringtone was the "im loving it" macdonalds tune
    lol thats jokes. I have heard of 1 person being disqualified for listening to his MP3 in the exam and sum1 at my cousins skool for pulling out his notes in an english exam, how dumb is that?!?

ReputationRep:
    A phone went off in one exam but I'm pretty sure it was my IT teacher's who was invigilating. A tad embarrassing for him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    lol thats jokes. I have heard of 1 person being disqualified for listening to his MP3 in the exam and sum1 at my cousins skool for pulling out his notes in an english exam, how dumb is that?!?
    lol no really it isnt, its true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    (she paintballed the place pink :p:quite cool if i say so myself lol!!!!!!!) and shes been allowed
    My mate painted a massive **** on the field!

ReputationRep:
    There was a phone went off in one of mine, but the invigilators just sat there and looked at the guy, then he put his hand in his pocket and stopped it. They all just acted like nothin had happened and didnt care. Even though people have got letters home from the school because they accidentaly forgot and handed their phones in BEFORE the exam to the invigilator. It's a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Our school asks everyone to give in their mobiles before the exma starts, they put them into envelopes with peoples names on them so they can get them back. We havetn had an invigilator come to any of our exams yet.

ReputationRep:
    well 9/10 times its more hassle than its worth disqualifying someone. They gotta write a formal report, over a page long, then the candidate gotta be questioned and ****, and then witnesses and bollox. So most times, the candidate is embarassed enough, and so will turn it off quickly, so why not just ignore it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja32)
    well 9/10 times its more hassle than its worth disqualifying someone. They gotta write a formal report, over a page long, then the candidate gotta be questioned and ****, and then witnesses and bollox. So most times, the candidate is embarassed enough, and so will turn it off quickly, so why not just ignore it?
    lol yeah just ignore it. I think its so stupid that only having the phone go off is a disqualifiable offence, i mean if you actually picked up and started talking, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Someones phone went off in one of our exams! It was one of them old style ringtones and the head invigilator said he thought it was a watch..

ReputationRep:
    I think you deserve to be disqualified for having the crazy frog ringtone in the first place. Makes me want to die, it does.

ReputationRep:
    :dito:, too true. Upon hearing the ringtone, the teacher owuld probably throw it out the window anyway.

ReputationRep:
    theres one girl in year 10, who got disqualified from her module as she started txting on her phone to someone. she finished the paper and was still sitting there txting away. she got caught though and the AQA board said that if she was a yr 11 student she would have been disqualified from all of her AQA exams.

no yr 11, has been disqualified yet. though the sixth form, esp the boys, they keep tlking to each other, in the exam room.

ReputationRep:
    No phones have gone off yet *touchwood* but as the exam officer keeps saying to us all, a year 11 has not passed without any phones going off and someone having a paper cancelled....so I'm gettin kind of scared cos I leave my phone switched off but leave it in my pocket, if a phone went off close to me I suppose they might search me and disqualify me? lol...I dunno though...I never leave it switched on but apparently that isn't the point...if I trusted the kids in our school I'd happily leave it in my bag at the back but, I don't, our school is full of idiots :p:

Whoevers teachers laughed at all the phones going off, you're lucky!

ReputationRep:
    God, it's pathetic when people can't turn off their phones for a < 2 Hour examination. Oh noes, you might miss a precious text from your girlfriend, something along the lines of "love u loads c u @ the bus stop." Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    No phones have gone off yet *touchwood* but as the exam officer keeps saying to us all, a year 11 has not passed without any phones going off and someone having a paper cancelled....so I'm gettin kind of scared cos I leave my phone switched off but leave it in my pocket, if a phone went off close to me I suppose they might search me and disqualify me? lol...I dunno though...I never leave it switched on but apparently that isn't the point...if I trusted the kids in our school I'd happily leave it in my bag at the back but, I don't, our school is full of idiots :p:

Whoevers teachers laughed at all the phones going off, you're lucky!
    You shud take the battery out in case u have a reminder set and it goes off even though the fones off

ReputationRep:
    I've just currently sacrificed my social life, and have left my mobile in a locked drawer at home...

ReputationRep:
    LOL yeah...how do we survive with our phones turned off knowing we could be leaving someone in suspense waiting for a reply to their text? :p: It's so silly....actually, one phone HAS gone off....it was the invigilators, a PE teacher lol! :p:

Good point about the battery thanks! There's a couple birthdays coming up this week and I didn't realise that phones still made a noise even when switched off lol! xx

ReputationRep:
    We're not allowed phones in the exam hall and if a phone goes off, I've heard that everybody's bags are searched and all phones are confiscated. I've had this annoying problem of my phone turning on randomly like it has a mind of its own so I keep it at home, or leave it in one of the flower pots of my ex form room (if I really have to take my phone to school with me).

Nobody's phone has gone off so far, but somebody's music player was playing loudly at the back and the bag was taken outside by a teacher. Don't know what happened to the player; I suppose the student won't get it back until the end of exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    My mate painted a massive **** on the field!
    LOL COOL!!!!!!!!!! haha!!!! thatw ould be some sight :p: haha xoxo

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.