The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nobodys been disqualified from our school ....yet. our teachers are soo much stricter....if a phone rang they would go crazy. youre lucky having such good teachers
Reply 21
Markus505
This fat kids phone went off in an exam, and ironically, his ringtone was the "im loving it" macdonalds tune :biggrin:

lol thats jokes. I have heard of 1 person being disqualified for listening to his MP3 in the exam and sum1 at my cousins skool for pulling out his notes in an english exam, how dumb is that?!?
Reply 22
A phone went off in one exam but I'm pretty sure it was my IT teacher's who was invigilating. A tad embarrassing for him!
Reply 23
WantA*
lol thats jokes. I have heard of 1 person being disqualified for listening to his MP3 in the exam and sum1 at my cousins skool for pulling out his notes in an english exam, how dumb is that?!?

lol no really it isnt, its true
Reply 24
tammy_girl
(she paintballed the place pink :p:quite cool if i say so myself lol!!!!!!!) and shes been allowed

My mate painted a massive dick on the field!
Reply 25
There was a phone went off in one of mine, but the invigilators just sat there and looked at the guy, then he put his hand in his pocket and stopped it. They all just acted like nothin had happened and didnt care. Even though people have got letters home from the school because they accidentaly forgot and handed their phones in BEFORE the exam to the invigilator. It's a joke.
Our school asks everyone to give in their mobiles before the exma starts, they put them into envelopes with peoples names on them so they can get them back. We havetn had an invigilator come to any of our exams yet.
Reply 27
well 9/10 times its more hassle than its worth disqualifying someone. They gotta write a formal report, over a page long, then the candidate gotta be questioned and ****, and then witnesses and bollox. So most times, the candidate is embarassed enough, and so will turn it off quickly, so why not just ignore it?
Reply 28
Ninja32
well 9/10 times its more hassle than its worth disqualifying someone. They gotta write a formal report, over a page long, then the candidate gotta be questioned and ****, and then witnesses and bollox. So most times, the candidate is embarassed enough, and so will turn it off quickly, so why not just ignore it?

lol yeah just ignore it. I think its so stupid that only having the phone go off is a disqualifiable offence, i mean if you actually picked up and started talking, then yes.
Reply 29
Someones phone went off in one of our exams! It was one of them old style ringtones and the head invigilator said he thought it was a watch..
Reply 30
I think you deserve to be disqualified for having the crazy frog ringtone in the first place. Makes me want to die, it does.
Reply 31
:dito:, too true. Upon hearing the ringtone, the teacher owuld probably throw it out the window anyway.
Reply 32
theres one girl in year 10, who got disqualified from her module as she started txting on her phone to someone. she finished the paper and was still sitting there txting away. she got caught though and the AQA board said that if she was a yr 11 student she would have been disqualified from all of her AQA exams.

no yr 11, has been disqualified yet. though the sixth form, esp the boys, they keep tlking to each other, in the exam room.
No phones have gone off yet *touchwood* but as the exam officer keeps saying to us all, a year 11 has not passed without any phones going off and someone having a paper cancelled....so I'm gettin kind of scared cos I leave my phone switched off but leave it in my pocket, if a phone went off close to me I suppose they might search me and disqualify me? lol...I dunno though...I never leave it switched on but apparently that isn't the point...if I trusted the kids in our school I'd happily leave it in my bag at the back but, I don't, our school is full of idiots :p:

Whoevers teachers laughed at all the phones going off, you're lucky!
Reply 34
God, it's pathetic when people can't turn off their phones for a < 2 Hour examination. Oh noes, you might miss a precious text from your girlfriend, something along the lines of "love u loads c u @ the bus stop." Jeez.
shortysally
No phones have gone off yet *touchwood* but as the exam officer keeps saying to us all, a year 11 has not passed without any phones going off and someone having a paper cancelled....so I'm gettin kind of scared cos I leave my phone switched off but leave it in my pocket, if a phone went off close to me I suppose they might search me and disqualify me? lol...I dunno though...I never leave it switched on but apparently that isn't the point...if I trusted the kids in our school I'd happily leave it in my bag at the back but, I don't, our school is full of idiots :p:

Whoevers teachers laughed at all the phones going off, you're lucky!

You shud take the battery out in case u have a reminder set and it goes off even though the fones off
Reply 36
I've just currently sacrificed my social life, and have left my mobile in a locked drawer at home...:wink:
LOL yeah...how do we survive with our phones turned off knowing we could be leaving someone in suspense waiting for a reply to their text? :p: It's so silly....actually, one phone HAS gone off....it was the invigilators, a PE teacher lol! :p:

Good point about the battery :smile: thanks! There's a couple birthdays coming up this week and I didn't realise that phones still made a noise even when switched off lol! xx
Reply 38
We're not allowed phones in the exam hall and if a phone goes off, I've heard that everybody's bags are searched and all phones are confiscated. I've had this annoying problem of my phone turning on randomly like it has a mind of its own so I keep it at home, or leave it in one of the flower pots of my ex form room (if I really have to take my phone to school with me).

Nobody's phone has gone off so far, but somebody's music player was playing loudly at the back and the bag was taken outside by a teacher. Don't know what happened to the player; I suppose the student won't get it back until the end of exams.
Pigmy Goat
My mate painted a massive dick on the field!

LOL COOL!!!!!!!!!! haha!!!! thatw ould be some sight :p: haha xoxo

Latest