Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that anybody's phone has gone off yet, but there are quite a few people who haven't turned up for exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    I've just currently sacrificed my social life, and have left my mobile in a locked drawer at home...

i soooo couldnt do that i mean it i couldnt sacrifice my mobile for revision..... good on ya i mean it lol! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    LOL COOL!!!!!!!!!! haha!!!! thatw ould be some sight :p: haha xoxo
    kids... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    God, I can't stand it when people rely so heavily on their phones. What's the point in keeping it on in an exam anyway, when you know you won't be able to reply or read the text before you leave the room?

ReputationRep:
    I just had my phone in at the start of the exam there is no point in risking it. Some idiots in my year whose phone could go off although a teachers did go off and they recevied very mean looks.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have to admit I've had my phone on me in a few exams, since I remember at the last minute that I haven't got my locker key. I would rather not hand it in as they usually just stick all phones/iPods etc in a pile at the front of the exam room and I have a feeling someone will nick it if I leave it on the front!

Although I always remove the SIM card and battery from the phone to make sure it dosen't do a thing.

Why people take them in knowing they are taking them in is beyond me. Not like they can call their mate halfway during the exam and ask them to search Google for the answer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    kids... :rolleyes:
    lol yup im a big kid ahhh well :p: lol!!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    God, I can't stand it when people rely so heavily on their phones. What's the point in keeping it on in an exam anyway, when you know you won't be able to reply or read the text before you leave the room?
    but people might wanna keep their fones on them cause they might be afraid of them gettin nicked! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    What about those things called lockers? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    What about those things called lockers? :p:
    lol my fellow left-handed society member - we dont got lockers in my school :p: haha xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I love to see people leave kisses and hugs at the end of each post.

That's a bit stupid though, I can see why you wouldn't want to hand them in. I'd definitely remove the battery or something, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Haha, I love to see people leave kisses and hugs at the end of each post.

That's a bit stupid though, I can see why you wouldn't want to hand them in. I'd definitely remove the battery or something, though.
    lol i love to leave a little something different yanno? lol!!! :p: nah we'd be afraid of someone pretending that that was their fone.....too many alike in my school as well everyones nearly got the same fone! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    There's no one been disqualified yet at my school, but there's only 90 of us in the year anyway. However 2 people have been late to the exams on various occasions.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a thought, why not leave them at home? No one's phone went off in any GCSE I sat last year or AS this year. What's the point in risking getting disqualified from all exams on an exam board for the sake of having your phone on you when someone texts you asking if you want to go to a party or something after the exams?

ReputationRep:
    our school have a very strict no phones in school policy, but everyone does, so in the first few exams everyone turnt them off but didnt bring them forward, and then someone did bring it forward and nooone said anything, so like now in the big exams with everyone, like in out Eng Lang on friday, there were like 60phone (no joke) on the front table it was hilarious.

But nah noones been disqualifed, our schools a grammar noone would risk doing anything really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol my fellow left-handed society member - we dont got lockers in my school :p: haha xoxo
    I gave in my key and got my £5 deposit back so too late

ReputationRep:
    u cud go as far 2 say that its illegal 2 have ur fone on in exams
    I think it is a breach of exam law or something.

They say that its illegal to have a phone on you just to cover every eventuality. Rather than offer loads of rules like "it's okay if you do x, y or z" just ban then completely. Much simpler.

If it does go off you could be excluded from all exams in england and wales. So you could always move to scotland

ReputationRep:
    No phones have gone off in my college except the theachers but concidering there are only like 30 of us taking GCSE's it's not all that suprising that none have gone off. The teachers have to have their phones for some reason.

One of the teachers in my college had to phone the next teacher taking over cause they were really late. It was so off putting hearing them on the phone when trying to do the exam :mad: . I felt like shouting out "Oi trying to do an exam here remember". I didn't. Not that he would have done anything about me doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I gave in my key and got my £5 deposit back so too late
    LOL ok :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering if it was illegal it u get extra time in ur exam, like getting an extra ten minutes when an exam is finished??????? Are u allowed to??????

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.