Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    i was wondering if it was illegal it u get extra time in ur exam, like getting an extra ten minutes when an exam is finished??????? Are u allowed to??????
    Of course not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)
    Of course not...
    its not illegal...but ur not supposed to :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    its not illegal...but ur not supposed to :p: xoxo
    Actually if you have dyslexia or dyspraxia or something similar you are supposed to get extra time. I personally use a computer for exams.

ReputationRep:
    I personally use a computer for exams.
    Somebody in my year writes on a laptop too - their parents wrote all sorts of letters and got it for them. Thing is, there are loads of other people who are dyslexic who don't get one.

Wonder who supplied the laptop - it wasn't a school one. Hmmm. Wonder if they used MS word's spellchecker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)
    Somebody in my year writes on a laptop too - their parents wrote all sorts of letters and got it for them. Thing is, there are loads of other people who are dyslexic who don't get one.

Wonder who supplied the laptop - it wasn't a school one. Hmmm. Wonder if they used MS word's spellchecker
    You can't just write lots of letters to get one. You have to have a certified educational pyschologist compile a report on you stating that your performance is hindered by writing by hand and that you need to use a laptop.

The laptop should be supplied by the school, are you sure it isn't? The ICT department keeps special laptops that are totally formatted, they have nothing but MS Word on them and that has been formatted to remove all tools like spellcheck and word count.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Someone had notes written on the OUTSIDE of their hand.

How stupid he was. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    Yes. Someone had notes written on the OUTSIDE of their hand.

How stupid he was. *sigh*
    HAHAHAHAHA!! LMFAO OMG! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnStuartMill)
    Actually if you have dyslexia or dyspraxia or something similar you are supposed to get extra time. I personally use a computer for exams.
    i know that u get special consideration u are allowed....cause my sisters are allowed special consideration......sorry if i offended u with that comment, however i was answering a question relating not to special considerations but to normal times.....sorry once again xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I nearly got disqualified today lol!!!! was chattin about goin out on sunday nite with a friend of mine and well i was caught and the exam officer came over and said 'whats wrong with ya' i said tell eamonn to shut up :p: so got him in trouble instead :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine wrote down important forumulas for A - levels on pieces of chewing gum. He then re-wrapped them up.
    During the exam he opened the one which corresponded to the formula he needed, looked at it on the chewing gum and then putting it into his mouth
    now thats destroy the evidence!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullabc.02)
    A friend of mine wrote down important forumulas for A - levels on pieces of chewing gum. He then re-wrapped them up.
    During the exam he opened the one which corresponded to the formula he needed, looked at it on the chewing gum and then putting it into his mouth
    that is soo skillful, but the amount of time that probably took, he coulda just learnt the formulas, lol, but i admire him for that!

ReputationRep:

LOL thats hilarious.....but cool should try it some time :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    are u allowed to have chewing gum in the exam???????

ReputationRep:
    we are yeh, were allwed anything, basically, except hot food maybe, noone ever tried it, soo noones knows, my mate brings in 12packs of jaffa cakes

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah well we do it anyway....sure for my science exam i took in coffee with me xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol yeah well we do it anyway....sure for my science exam i took in coffee with me xoxo
    cool, i would have liked to do that but my exams finished yeaterday, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    cool, i would have liked to do that but my exams finished yeaterday, oh well.
    LUCKY!, well ive got 4more exams to try out coffee, lol, although i usually only drink about 100ml or less in am exam, i the mad week with 7exams, a 500ml bottle of water lasted me the whole week, but my mate gobble down 2litres of orange squash in each exam

ReputationRep:
    although this is off the topic, does anyone know what i should do. Ive just seen a ghost in my house!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    although this is off the topic, does anyone know what i should do. Ive just seen a ghost in my house!!!!!!!!!
    it was me coming to haunt you, lol!

ReputationRep:
    awesome.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.