Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going on an induction day for Henrietta Barnett sixth form- but I have no clue what they're about...

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    What does the name suggest to you? Why might you visit your new school? Why might your school host a special day for new pupils/sixth formers?

ReputationRep:
    they'll just tell you the school rules, uniform and stuff, maybe show you around the facilities. that kind of stuff

ReputationRep:
    www.peta-sucks.com
    Because I love to eat animals

haha peta sucks.. cool...

ReputationRep:
    You just look at the school, facilities, and obviously the courses you might want to take.

ReputationRep:
    did you not have a yr7 induction day? its like that just 5yrs on

ReputationRep:
    They're basically similar to open evenings, but just for the students and more informal. You'll get to have a look around the school and its facilities, meet the teachers you'll have next year and find out more about the subjects you'll be doing and obviously meet your fellow students.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to one for my sixth form, it's called a 'taster day' but its the same thing. I don't know whats been organised or anything, I don't think it'sll be the same as yr7 induction. But it's just a chance to get to grips with the college oe school before you go.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Theres absolutely no need to panic. They are just simply days where you are allowed to go and have a look around at the place where you are going to. My induction day at secondary school was terrifying but that was because I was little. You'll enjoy it. Use it. :p:
    (Original post by lady_daisychain)
    Hi,

I'm going on an induction day for Henrietta Barnett sixth form- but I have no clue what they're about...

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    At my school, "induction days" involve various fun "team-building" exercises. One year they got to build rafts and cross a river, but we didn't get to do that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.