Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure where to post this, so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

This is to all pianists...have any of you heard of Ludovico Einaudi and played his music?! I love it. I met him in Liverpool after his concert and it was fabulous!

ReputationRep:
    I am not a pianist but I've heard his stuff and he is good. It's always great to meet musicians because most of them have a creative minds and a way of thinking that I find really interessting. You are very lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean to write to all pianists sorry, I know people like him who aren't pianists!

Glad you like his music....I'm rather obsessed with him! I got my photo taken with him and his autograph woo!!

ReputationRep:
    One of the biggest mistakes of my life was to give up the piano and keyboard when I was younger. I decided that I prefered sport and purposely failed all of my music things secretly loving it, but thinking that it was for whimps; I was young and stupid. Are you going for the Grade 8 in Piano because that would be awesome. Saxophone and Piano to high standards, I'm very very jealous.

I have taken up guitar though (about three years ago) and I'm relearning all the music etc. and I'm starting to (try and) play more jazz now so hopefully I'll get a band going at uni dedicated to Jazz, as long as Grade 8 musicians don't look down on me just being an ickle guitarist.

Anyway, went off at a bit of a tangent there. Good man to be obsessed with. If you've heard of a keyboard player called Jordan Rudess, well, I'm obsessed with him, in a completely musical sense.

ReputationRep:
    No I've not heard him, but I'll listen out for him,

I'm thinking of not doing grade 7 piano and exploring different repertoire and then going for grade 8! It'll be a miracle if I get there!

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend plays piano and introduced me to it, its really good, i quite like the Meolida Africana's if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i know which pieces you mean!

My favourite is Le Onde because that was the first piece I ever heard and learnt and I've played it at so many concerts.

One comment I received will stay with my forever

" That was amazing, it was breath-taking and sent shivers down my spine"

I felt so good!

ReputationRep:
    I used to like Ludovico Einaudi but I just got bored of him. It's good stuff he plays but its too "same-y". Once you've heard one of his songs, you've heard them all. Nevertheless, I'd recommend Eden Roc or I,Giorni..

Michael

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of things you have the passion, and ability (grade 8 Sax) so I see no reason why you suggest it'll be a miracle. I realise the exam will be hard as I have seen my friends go through with the Grade 8 exams. Good luck in the exploration though etc. etc.

Which other musicians/bands etc. are you a fan of?

ReputationRep:
    How can you go off him?!!?!? Only joking!!

Erm , I mainly listen to classical music, if I'm honest. I play in a county youth band which plays jazz music and I like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    How can you go off him?!!?!? Only joking!!

Erm , I mainly listen to classical music, if I'm honest. I play in a county youth band which plays jazz music and I like that.
    Yeah he's only worth 9 posts .

Sounds cool. Classical is cool, wouldn't say it's something I listen to often but it's often nice to whip out some Vivaldi, Chopin etc. etc. A few of my friends/a cousin play in a Jazz band and they played a couple of weeks ago on the harbour in between a metal band and a punk band and were awesome to watch. It's when I watch things like that, that it makes me so frustrated I gave up music ages ago as I've missed out.

ReputationRep:
    You can always start learning again! It's so much fun!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.