Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Well enthusiasm is definitely one thing I've got! My teachers are always saying I'm enthusiastic about music!!
    You have to make sure that you keep the enthusiasm, even when faced with 29 x lentissimo + 1 x vivace!

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm goin to go for it ,whatever anyone says...I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm goin to go for it ,whatever anyone says...I can't wait!
    Good for you!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it and enjoy it. I taught for nearly twenty years before I became ill and I can honestly say that I loved the vast majority of it. With any job there's always going to be bits that aren't brilliant, but teaching overall was great.

Incidentally the advice from Aitch is very, very sound and practical.

If you're enthusiatic, and you obviously are, then you're exactly what's needed in the profession. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    go for it! people say that i am mad because i want ot teach maths and music in primary school. but its what i want to do, and if there wasn't teachers anywhere then how would people get jobs??? the world needs more good music teachers!!(mine was rubbish - the old one who left was amazing!!)

ReputationRep:
    im looking at doing a PGCE in history after my BA hons,

I keep being told by teachers not to teach but I think it would be really good fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickytoria77)
    I keep being told by teachers not to teach
    Lol :dito: My form tutor for Years 9-11 was especially fond of telling me not to teach; she even wrote in my leaver's book 'do you really want to be a teacher?' My form tutor now is almost as bad. Incidentally, they both teach English....

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

Well lets show them all and go and be fab teachers!!!

ReputationRep:
    While you're not mad and Icertainly wouldn't mind a job as a music teacher in a school, I'd much rather work in a college!

It just seems that college students would be so much more enthusiastic about their work...

ReputationRep:
    Surely if a teacher holds the view that 'no-one should ever go into teaching', they are in the wrong profession themselves?

ReputationRep:
    sexysax - I want to go into music teaching in secondary schools too. Well depending on what uni course I do - but If I get into music college I deffenatly want to go into teaching - or even if I dont study music, I'd still like to teach.

Its not a stupid thing - my parents are teachers and love to moan about it! But both find it a very rewarding job

ReputationRep:
    People say that teaching in secondary schools isn't good and you get treated really badly! But I actually know what it's like because my school is terrible and I help teach music so I have experience in the not so nice schools.
    There is nothing wrong with it at all. In fact I personally have great respect for those that can and want to teach people. Passing on knowledge is a fantastic thing to do....

ReputationRep:
    It's really strange how all of you are saying that your teachers are telling you not to teach! I want to become a drama teacher and all my teachers are telling me to got for it and are really enthusiastic! They're really happy for me! . I don't get why so many people put down the value of teachers in society these day. They are extremely important and i have the upper most respect for them doing such a rewarding job!
    Anyway, if any of you are having doubts, just follow your heart! It is your life and do what you want to do! Personally, i can't wait to become a teacher! (don't want to wish my life away, though lol!)

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEAD BOY)
    It's really strange how all of you are saying that your teachers are telling you not to teach! I want to become a drama teacher and all my teachers are telling me to got for it and are really enthusiastic! They're really happy for me! . I don't get why so many people put down the value of teachers in society these day. They are extremely important and i have the upper most respect for them doing such a rewarding job!
    Anyway, if any of you are having doubts, just follow your heart! It is your life and do what you want to do! Personally, i can't wait to become a teacher! (don't want to wish my life away, though lol!)

HEAD BOY
    I don't think it's about people putting down the value of teachers, it's more about teaching being difficult nowadays in terms of teachers having no power to control 'yobs' and said 'yobs' therefore having no respect for them. That's why my dad doesn't want me to teach anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I don't think it's about people putting down the value of teachers, it's more about teaching being difficult nowadays in terms of teachers having no power to control 'yobs' and said 'yobs' therefore having no respect for them. That's why my dad doesn't want me to teach anyway.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    But if no-one becomes a teacher then there won't be any!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.