Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to enter my second week of mock GCSEs. :rolleyes: Can't wait for this week to be over! Anyway, I'm just wondering how much revision you've all done. I've done some, but not vast amounts. I plan to for the "real thing", but who else is not revising much for these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarPlum)
    I'm just about to enter my second week of mock GCSEs. :rolleyes: Can't wait for this week to be over! Anyway, I'm just wondering how much revision you've all done. I've done some, but not vast amounts. I plan to for the "real thing", but who else is not revising much for these?
    Lol wouldn't worry about it too much its just mocks, yeh sure its nice to get good results back after your mocks are marked, but they are not really that important

ReputationRep:
    my mocks start tomorrow. i havent revised at all.

ReputationRep:
    Wheni did m gcse mocks, one of my teachers told us thats its good not to pass them, because you know what you need to revise. I wish was doing my gcses again, because A2s are hard

You will all be fine

Good luck
    x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    Wheni did m gcse mocks, one of my teachers told us thats its good not to pass them, because you know what you need to revise. I wish was doing my gcses again, because A2s are hard

You will all be fine

Good luck
    x x x
    everyones been telling me not to revise, so i took there advice and didnt. Now im going to fail my maths exam tomorrow...but oh well

ReputationRep:
    i revised a bit for mine, but most of us just tested ourselves on what we already knew. Mocks are good because you can prove people wrong. In my maths mock i got an e (i wasnt good at maths either) and in the real thing i got a c. In my double science i got a D in my mock, then a B in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarPlum)
    me! i just cant b bothered! everything i revise NEVER turns out 2 b in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    what exams u done so far?

ReputationRep:
    got french reading and biology 2moro cant revise coz its not goin in... aww guna fail help!

ReputationRep:
    HA ha i hate french and biology s pretty poo to my mocks start 2morrow can't wait! anyone here doing single award science?

ReputationRep:
    Arrg! I've done my history, biology, maths paper 1, english and german. :rolleyes: I know I've failed every single one! The only one I know I did well in is my french oral on friday because I was told my mark straight away. I've got business studies tomorrow- here's to failin'!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    i revised a bit for mine, but most of us just tested ourselves on what we already knew. Mocks are good because you can prove people wrong. In my maths mock i got an e (i wasnt good at maths either) and in the real thing i got a c. In my double science i got a D in my mock, then a B in the real thing.
    i know what u mean. in my maths mock gcse, which we had to take a year early, for the 1st module, i got a C in the mock, without revision.
    then, spending about half n hour on the weekend before the real thing, i scraped an A, 1 mark above the A/B borderline.

my mocks start tomorrow, and i am royally ****ed. i haven't revised anything, but i don't care. we have 5 months till the real thing, so i can revise alot during that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    everyones been telling me not to revise, so i took there advice and didnt. Now im going to fail my maths exam tomorrow...but oh well
    why not revise? because they're mocks, or is there some other reason?

My mocks start tomorrow with art. the proper mocks though start next week. No revision done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    why not revise? because they're mocks, or is there some other reason?

My mocks start tomorrow with art. the proper mocks though start next week. No revision done.
    I've done some art prep. I need to finish my direct observation though, and it's a pain. And finish the research.

As for the rest? nah. The most I've done is last night I dug out all my books since the beginning of year 10 so I know where they are when I start to revise for the real exams in the summer.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.