Turn on thread page Beta

I passed my clarinet exam! watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! My Guildhall examiner for Grade 7 didn't know the syllabus, she only asked me one note centre, and I had to ask her which type of diminshed scale she wanted me to play. After that there was one scale which I can do perfectly, and could do before the exam, but took 5 attempts out of it! Argh! I thought I would have done badly, but I got 26/32 for scales I think!

That is a good sight reading mark

Haha, my aurals were atrocious, I got 19/32 or whatever it is, just passed to pass mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    I got my sheet with my marks on it yesterday and guess what i got for scales?

7/32 :eek: :eek: :eek: That really is shocking!! :eek:

I got 23/32 for my sight reading though, which is actually ok :cool:
    Congrats on the sight reading! Erm.... did you learn you scales?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Oh dear! My Guildhall examiner for Grade 7 didn't know the syllabus, she only asked me one note centre, and I had to ask her which type of diminshed scale she wanted me to play. After that there was one scale which I can do perfectly, and could do before the exam, but took 5 attempts out of it! Argh! I thought I would have done badly, but I got 26/32 for scales I think!

That is a good sight reading mark

Haha, my aurals were atrocious, I got 19/32 or whatever it is, just passed to pass mark.
    Lucky you! I had learnt two scale pieces really well, but just had a blank when i got in there...couldn't remember anything! She gave me a little lecture at the end about how i should be practicing each scale 20-40 times a night :eek: :p:

My aurals were much worse than yours --- i got 12/32 i think :eek:

Its a good thing i did ok on everything else!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_w)
    Congrats on the sight reading! Erm.... did you learn you scales?
    Yeah...i did...but i just couldn't remember any of them once i got in there! I was so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! But passing is what's important! What's the total amount of marks available for a guildhall exam? x

ReputationRep:
    I hate aurals too! I'm dreading my grade 8 sax ones...yuck!?

Yes you must practice your scales regularly lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    Oh dear! But passing is what's important! What's the total amount of marks available for a guildhall exam? x
    300...i got 184, which is 12 of a merit!

ReputationRep:
    thats great..now you see if only you'd done your scales!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Well done, 184 is a good mark . For Grade 7 I was 9 marks off an honours, and I just couldn't believe it because I didn't expect that good a mark

ReputationRep:
    It's because you're fab Nicki

ReputationRep:
    I passed! Yey! I really thought i had failed especially because i couldn't remember any of my scales!

I just thought i'd share some of my happiness with everyone!
    Well done, you're a champ :cool: (As you can tell, I like musical people Must be coz I'm one too :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you! I had learnt two scale pieces really well, but just had a blank when i got in there...couldn't remember anything! She gave me a little lecture at the end about how i should be practicing each scale 20-40 times a night :eek: :p:

My aurals were much worse than yours --- i got 12/32 i think :eek:

Its a good thing i did ok on everything else!! :rolleyes:
    20-40 times a night! You'd be up all night. Well, in truth, my examiner was a bit dodgy, she only asked me one note centre, when she should have asked 2!

ReputationRep:
    20-40 times a night! You'd be up all night. Well, in truth, my examiner was a bit dodgy, she only asked me one note centre, when she should have asked 2!

That's good you had a dodgy examiner! I hope I'll get one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    thats great..now you see if only you'd done your scales!!
    I know, i could have probably got a merit! Never mind, i'm happy with just passing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Well done, you're a champ :cool: (As you can tell, I like musical people Must be coz I'm one too :p: ).
    Thank you Although i wouldn't call myself that musical!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know its stupid! I didn't get asked to do a centre note, was i supposed to get asked that? :confused: I don't think so :confused:

ReputationRep:
    well done!

ReputationRep:
    Goodness knows. Well the note centre is basically the key of scales. E.g F, G etc.

Aww Nat, thanks I didn't see your post about me being fab until today!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well Done you! Thats fantastic news you must be dead proud! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I hope I pass my violin one in a week and a half!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.