How much debt do you think you'll be in when you graduate? (2005 applicants) Watch

This discussion is closed.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mine was about £9,450
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm hoping not much. I'm taking the loan and not spending it unless I desperately need to. My parents are paying for accommodation, I'm paying for fees out of my ISA and then they're giving me a monthly allowance. I might get a part-time job depending on how things go, and I'll probably work during the holidays
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I will have hardly any debts when I leave uni because my parents are paying for everything in 1st year. My dad already owns a couple of flats in Edinburgh(where I am going) which he rents out. So I will be able to move into one of them in 2nd year- accomodation is the biggest outgoing of money so im sorted in regards to that. Iv got savings which should be okay.
And I really am going to work hard at uni and not go crazy - cause I promised my mother(she thinks it is going to be lectures, library,hockey, lacrosse and sleep.) Eeeeek!
fivebyfive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Around £12,000 or so. I should get the full loan and grant, plan on working during hols so hoping that will knock it down a bit and that i will have a few £ for when i leave university.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My folks are paying for my accommodation and tuition fees and my loan is going straight into a savings account...so hopefully not a lot of debt!
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
Just wondering. I hope to leave with NO debt at all!, hopefully with a scholarship and working over the holidays, and some help from my parents with accomadation, it is possible

Also how many of your parents are paying for accomadation? Some people I know are getting their parents to pay all accomadation and all fees.. some arent helping out at all! I think Im in the middle.
around about £16,000. Once ure at Uni its amazing how quickly money escapes!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise