Turn on thread page Beta

VCD question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone here knows about VCDs, but i have a question about them. I won't bother posting the question for now, because i don't want to waste my time and your time reading it. So if anyone knows, i'd appreciate a response and i'll type the question.

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't know if anyone here knows about VCDs, but i have a question about them. I won't bother posting the question for now, because i don't want to waste my time and your time reading it. So if anyone knows, i'd appreciate a response and i'll type the question.

Thanks for any help.
    Well we might know

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i'll post the question. I have a video which is in 23.97fps i need to convert it to 25fps so i can play it on my PAL TV. Does anyone knoe how to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Ok, i'll post the question. I have a video which is in 23.97fps i need to convert it to 25fps so i can play it on my PAL TV. Does anyone knoe how to do this?
    Add 1.03fps. Sorted.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Add 1.03fps. Sorted.

Ben
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Add 1.03fps. Sorted.

Ben
    Yes, that's the reason i didn't want to post the question at the begining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Yes, that's the reason i didn't want to post the question at the begining.
    Sorry I got no idea, you might want to try posting on http://www.zonevideos.net/forum though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Sorry I got no idea, you might want to try posting on http://www.zonevideos.net/forum though...
    Thanks for the useful reply. I'll take a look there, i'm scouring the internet for answers anyway.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Thanks for the useful reply. I'll take a look there, i'm scouring the internet for answers anyway.

Thanks again.
    ive made a few vcds in my time... isnt there just an option about what standard you want it formatted to (ie pal) and it does it automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    ive made a few vcds in my time... isnt there just an option about what standard you want it formatted to (ie pal) and it does it automatically?
    There is a PAL template, but when i play it on my TV the image does flow smoothly, it looks a bit jerky, i'll try later. But i don't want to waste my CDs.

ReputationRep:
    I've solved it! Use virtualdub to load the 23.97 avi file.
    Select Video->Frame Rate
    In the second group box down click convert to and enter the fps required eg 25 choose select range and select the range for the whole movie. Make sure offset audio is checked. Then export the whole avi with source audio. Then you can use virtualdub to split the video from the audio if necessary.

i hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbagoose)
    I've solved it! Use virtualdub to load the 23.97 avi file.
    Select Video->Frame Rate
    In the second group box down click convert to and enter the fps required eg 25 choose select range and select the range for the whole movie. Make sure offset audio is checked. Then export the whole avi with source audio. Then you can use virtualdub to split the video from the audio if necessary.

i hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply, it's on the right track. I sorted out the problem already, it's quite a long process so i won't go into it unless you want me to.

Thanks for the help

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.