Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I could possibly be the only 16 year old in the UK without a mobile phone, all you older people have excuses, we can just say you're out of touch with modern techonology (despite being able to operate on an internet forum?!). However I've just never been that bothered about getting one, if I really needed to make a call I'd borrow one off of a mate. Otherwise I can just see it eating up my cash as I felt compelled by peer pressure to text (ugh) everyone about pretty much anything.

Who else doesn't have one?

ReputationRep:
    righto

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and I don't have a mobile. Don't have the money for top ups all the time and if I really need to phone I can find a phone box or borrow one off a friend

ReputationRep:
    .....thumbs up mate

ReputationRep:
    yep..u could be the only one....however i wish i had that attitude. i spend FAR 2 much on my mobile..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redwolf_Eddy)
    I reckon I could possibly be the only 16 year old in the UK without a mobile phone, all you older people have excuses, we can just say you're out of touch with modern techonology (despite being able to operate on an internet forum?!). However I've just never been that bothered about getting one, if I really needed to make a call I'd borrow one off of a mate. Otherwise I can just see it eating up my cash as I felt compelled by peer pressure to text (ugh) everyone about pretty much anything.

Who else doesn't have one?
    A friend of mine doesnt have one. I think they are pretty useful really. I couldnt live without mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a mobile of my own til I was 16, I just borrowed my brother's or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    i have 5... :eek: You want 1?

*rummages around*

ahh take my spare Nokia 3210 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You lot are such sponges! Always "borrowing" off a mate or something. Mines useful for phoning to say I'll be 40 minutes late and a lot of my work depends on being avaliable to be contacted...

ReputationRep:
    i DONT HAVE ONE :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    i DONT HAVE ONE :d
    really? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    finally got one a few weeks ago, still haven't used it to do anything other than play games.

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 too.....only use two though...te-hee...and none are rubbish!Weird me..but hey-ho..I LOVE texting..although speaking in person tops it!

ReputationRep:
    My sis got hers the Xmas after she turned 16
    I got mine the Xmas before I turned 16
    I think I was probably last out of my friends... those that didn't already got them the same time as me

ReputationRep:
    I did have one about two years ago. Then I simply stopped using it; didn't need it. I don't see the obsession with them. If I want to call someone, I'll use the house phone. It's free (for me anyway!) and it's more clear during a conversation.

What really pisses me off is when people text all the time. Especially under the desk at school, when you're trying to talk to them. It comes across as really rude to me.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one since I was 12 - but I don't use it often so I hardly have to top up. I can't stand texting - its so slow (and my ghi button is annoying) especially compared to typing. But I wouldn't manage to contact many of my friends if they didn't have one as they are never at home.

ReputationRep:
    I would die without mine.

ReputationRep:
    I have one, but hardly use it. Mostly for the odd call.

ReputationRep:
    I have one but i never use it. people using contracts are wasting their money.

ReputationRep:
    I have one - my parents have my old ones - although my dad still writes the number on a piece of paper instead of using the phonebook on the phone! BUT
    my friend doesnt have one and no offence to people who dont but as her friend it is the most annoying thing in the world :mad:
    If she is late meeting me I cant call her to see where she is
    If I just want to say hi i have to ring her through the landline and that takes about an extra half an hour because of her parents asking me how i am and then waiting for her to come down the stairs!! does anyone else get annoyed by this or is this just me having a rant??? sorry!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.